Will this turbo be to big???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bcivicsi

I have a 96 gsr motor in my 2000 civic si the motor is basically stock except I have fuel reg,AEM EMS,AEM intake.I was wondering if an Inline pro GT 35/61 T04e turbo is too big for my motor?

sounds like itll be fine. dual ballbearing or no?

i run a gt35r on my b16a so a 35r on a b18 would be quicker to spool./

its a retarded turbo. i suggest it to everyone

Ok so what would be a resonable price to pay for just this turbo?The only reason I ask is I have someone trying to sell me this turbo for $400 and I want to know if its worth it.Thanks for all your help

GT 35/61 comes with the GT wheel with the T04E Compressor Cover,
3" inlet and 2" outlet and a 5-bolt discharge flange.
Supports up to 600-hp at the flywheel with proper tuning.
This is the specs on it from Inline pro.Thats all it says

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok so what would be a resonable price to pay for just this turbo?The only reason I ask is I have someone trying to sell me this turbo for $400 and I want to know if its worth it.Thanks for all your help
if it really is a gt35r then thats an awsome price. new from full-race they are $1,299.00. but at that price i would bring someone who knows turbos with you to see if its crapped. but even at that price i think you could buy it, rebuild it, and still save.

Its not from Full-Race its from Inline pro its also a precision turbo.From Inline pro the turbo cost $869 or around there.

still not a bad price. those are kick ass turbos...that is what was in my turbo build (before i realized my wallet couldnt handle it)

Thanks for the help.I bought the turbo What else do I need for the turbo I have AEM EMS,Oil lines from tunertoys,Tial 38mm wastegate,Intercooler & piping,Tial bov,Exhaust manifold,Also the downpipe.Am I forgetting anything?Besides a tune which will come after installation.

how much power do you plan on making? most likely depending on power output the clutch will have to be upgraded, fuel injectors, and possibly bigger exhaust depending again on power and current size.

oh and fuel pump sorry

Sorry I have a Apexi full exhaust,walbro 255 fuel pump,Also a act clutch and cluch master flywheel.I want to put down around 400whp after everything is done.Is that a resonable number?

the exhaust is gonna be a lil restrictive, but 400 is definitely reasonable on a GSR with a GT35 (ish)

yeah with that kinda power goal a bigger exaust would be beneficial. If you have everything you listed then I would say you are good but like every project something ( if not multiple things) will come up just make sure you have money before you start because you never know

What size injectors are you running?

Here is a formula I found on Evans-Tuning.com its a good site you should check it out

(Power x BSFC) x (1 + Safety Margin) / (# of injectors)=pounds/hour

BSFC for forced induction cars is between .60 to .70 using gasoline.

Power is maximum horsepower level you want to run.

Safety Margin is to be set between 15-20%.

To illustrate this:

Power=500 hp
BSFC=.70
Safety Margin=0.2

500x0.70=350lbs/hr

350lbs/hr/(4 injectors)=87.5 lbs per hour per injector

To convert lb/hr to cc/min you multiply the # by 10.2, so

87.5 lb/hr X 10.2=892.5 cc/min

Back