1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will ZC swap into 95 civic cx h/b?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by momo, Sep 11, 2003.

1. momo

momo Junior Member

I have 95 civic cx hatch back 5spd and i want to know if i can swap a ZC 140 hp into it? if it is possible, will there have to be major mods. how much will this complete swap set me back?(please say if ur using can or usa currency)

if u know of any good motor places in Toronto, ontario, canada, email me at rollingondubs@hotmail.com

thanks,
    momo p.

2. StealthMode

StealthMode Kung Foolin'

dude no one ever answers posts about swaps like this and i don't guite know why. unless it's a b18 or b16 or something, they will answer. i've been trying to get some some info about the mini-me, but no one will answer me.

3. starboy869

starboy869 Senior Member

HI,

Check out Lucky Star Japanese in Toronto.

I got my SOHC ZC from them for real cheap. Excellent little engine

4. dang civic

dang civic Member

Correct me if im wrong, zc is like 88-91 dohc non vtec? Why would u put such an old motor in ur hatch? I kno its cheap but you'll be better off getting a 94 ls motor if ur goin to go with a zc type swap. Its a straight swap and the wiring should be just as simple since ur not running vtec. Im not too shure on the zc swap..u might have issues with the wiring.

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

There is an OBD1 version of the DOHC ZC out there, and it would be almost a direct replacement for your current engine... but it's rare. Go find one and drop it in if you want it. You would probably be better off getting a D16Z6 and wiring up VTEC- it's not too hard, and the power levels are pretty much the same.

6. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

ya dont get the old 88-91 DOHC ZC, it is harder to bolt into ur car cause nothing lines up, get a SOHC vtec and do it that way.

7. dok

dok Senior Member

what do you mean it will swap right in don't you need motor mounts becasue I heard this from some one else that you don' t

8. SLK32

SLK32 Junior Member

one of the mount needs to be mod. I've done this b4 (into a 93 del sol) and is pain in the ass!! I can never get the car to run right. I even try to us a OBD1 integra ecu, the stock D15 ecu and a b16 ecu. I end up took it out and replace it with a SOHC VTEC. What a waste of money!!

9. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Hey, you need a D16Z6? I gotcha covered!

The D16 is a pretty common motor which means there are a lot of parts out there for it - if you had a ZC in your car, it might be tough to find bolt on parts that fit your car.

10. chingro

chingro Senior Member

it is not worth it...and the wiring is not easi, PLUS you will be better off with the LS motor. and it cost just as much.

hell i will sell you my 96 LS motor for $450, that is the same price as the ZC

11. chingro

chingro Senior Member

i know exactly why you could not get it to run.

you swap is the same as one i did, when i put a 88-91 1st GEN B16 (obd-0) in a 93 hatch SI (obd-1).

you have to put a OBD first gen Distributor on the engine, to make it work. the ZC distributor will not work.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted