Wilwood Brake Kit with.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93Fury

Well, its a good day down south! Just got a great deal on a 93 SI, so I must show my 93 EX the backdoor. I have already upgraded the front brakes on the EX to slotted rotors, EBC Greens, and SS lines. I am looking to go a little bit more agressive on the hatch, as the last setup I had faded a little too shy for me.

I have been looking over the Wilwood front kit for the Civic, and it seems like what I am looking for. I am at debate over which master cylinder and prop. valve to use. The rear will be left factory equipment, with the addition of a nice pad and rotor. If anyone has any suggestions as to which to use or even some feedback on how you think this setup will perform would be great.

Thanks!

Do you regurly track your car? If not, I would say the Wilwood kit is extreme overkill. I say, upgrade to some integra brakes, and put a good pad on like the Cobalt friction GT sport's. Put a 91 civic EX 15/16's mastercylinder and some good fluid and call it a day.

A thread that has an entire part list on it for teg brakes.

All you need is basicly the knuckles, and everything attacted to it (calipers, brakets, ect)....

Also, slotted, drilled, dimpled, ect rotors HURT your braking. There has been many threads about this. Blank rotors are the cheaper and better way to go.

I have the teg setup on my car right now, and I love it. I acationally take my car to HPDE's, and have been very impressed with this setup.

Right now for I am running ATE type 200 fluid (exact same as the ATE superblue, just not blue. When you alternate colors, it makes flushing so much easier) and have not had any fade problems.

Your probally right about the overkill, but for the price, I do not think I could match it with the parts needed. Ive found the kit for $586 shipped. Thats the 4 Pot calipers, 2 piece rotors, SS lines and pads.

I was looking at the teg. brake conversion, and it also seems like a good idea. Im sure I could get my desired results from a integra upgrade, but what do you think of the costs -vs- the products. Do you think the extra $150 or so it would cost for the Wilwoods is worth it?

On the matter of crossdrilled and slotted, I do agree that they tear the pads up. I learned this on the set I have now. Only problem is that the Wilwood kit comes with the cross drilled / slotted rotor. Decisions Decisons........

Go for the Wilwood brakes. Some say over kill, but I say you can never have enough safety. Something to keep in mind about 'em- since they are racing calipers (the whole kit is a serious piece of race hardware), they don't have any dust seals, and will need to be rebuilt once a year or so. Rebuild kits are about $50 for both calipers, and it takes about an hour to do. As for the master cylinder, don't sweat it; the pedal will feel almost exactly the same. You can also specify blank rotors on the Wilwood kit. What wheels are you going to use? I know for a fact that the kit will fit behind 16" Rota Slipstreams with a 40mm offset. In comparing the Slips to SubZeros, it looks like they'll fit behind the Subs as well, but I'm not completely positive about this.

:werd: to what he said.

i had that wilwood kit on my old car, tracked that car as well. they were freaking wonderful with hawk black pads (race compound). i'm now driving a del sol vtec with stock brakes all around. i have been using ferodo pads with autozone blank rotors and ss lines. braking is still good for hpde's, not quite as good as the wilwoods, but the cost is what keeps me using stock brakes.

I, for one, will not build an engine without being able to stop on a dime and have change or without tuning the suspension. Thats just me. I couldnt bare to see my investment burried in someones living room.

Ive never serviced calipers myself, but im sure I could. :unsure: (the word of every wise man before the destroy their parts) If not, im sure I could find a place around here.

I wont install it untill I have some nice wheels. Not sure what I want as of now. I ususally just roll on SI or GSR stocks. Ill figure it out. Thanks for all the help guys! :thumbsup:

Back