Window Falls off track

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Xaero3953

Rest In Peace
I bought my car used like a year ago, ever since I got it, the passenger window keeps slipping off/out of the window track. I take off the panel and put it back in, but it keeps slipping out. He did mention that someone broke out the window, and I had once thought that the window might be the wrong for the car, but thanks to majestic honda, the glass is the right one.

Just wondering if anyone else with an Ek has had this problem, or any possible fixes for it.

The car is a 2000 Civic Ex coupe.

first check the regulator-the thing the window is mounted to, these very commonly go bad in ek's-dont know if urs is power or not im pretty sure there different. look to see if any part looks bent or the cable is frayed,twisted, falling out....
then check the run channel-black rubber strip that goes around window to see if it's torn up(u might be better off pulling the window out to get a better look
what happens alot is the run channel get old and dry rotted and causes the window to flex when it moves up and down..this in turn bends the thin metal of the regulator...again very common problem
if u dont need a run channel or even if u do i suggest u keep it lubed

Quoted post[/post]]
first check the regulator-the thing the window is mounted to, these very commonly go bad in ek's-dont know if urs is power or not im pretty sure there different. look to see if any part looks bent or the cable is frayed,twisted, falling out....
then check the run channel-black rubber strip that goes around window to see if it's torn up(u might be better off pulling the window out to get a better look
what happens alot is the run channel get old and dry rotted and causes the window to flex when it moves up and down..this in turn bends the thin metal of the regulator...again very common problem
if u dont need a run channel or even if u do i suggest u keep it lubed
Thanx, yeah my windows are power, but as soon as my car is here, i'll check on those things.

Much appreciated :laugh:

Back