Window Molding. help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vg_Ace

ok so I know this one has nothing to do with engines, but I have to ask it anyways. So whenever I leave my crx in the rain, water will fall down inside my car and soak the back taillights. I was able to see that the back left and back right small window seals had actually shrunk over the years. This left a small gap on the top and bottom of the window seal. So I went to Honda and ordered the pieces. I promptly received them, but I didn't realize that those window seals actually have a small clip that clips into the frame right where it bends. Also it is slightly behind the window. I can't get the clip in without breaking it, and I already called safelite autoglass and they would charge me like $240 for removal and installation of both back windows. I mean come on. Thats way too much just to slightly take off the window and clip the little molding piece in. I could post some pictures if this is too confusing, but does anybody know what I could do to get the trim on?

i had to do this on my drivers side window man. post some pictures cause i've never done it on the back. maybe i can help.....

just my opinion here but i think it's worth the $240 to have someone else do the window rear removal/installation. they can be really tricky and you wouldn't want to shatter one doing it wrong. good luck with whatever you decide.

:shrug2:

Back