1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Window motor

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by mystyrg, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mystyrg

mystyrg Junior Member

Hello All,

I am new to this site. I appreciate any assistance. I have 97 acura coupe 2.2 DL and the drivers door window only comes down parts of an inch and stops. I don't know if there is some type of limit switch or if the motor is binding. In any event I will need to access the motor. Could someone help me with the logistics of removing the door panel and getting to the inside so I can fix it? Is there any special tools required?

thanks B)

2. jdmracer

jdmracer Member

the door panel should pop off but u need to remove a couple screws. they should be in ur door handle area and around the lock. just make sure u have ALL screws out first. then pop the panel off simple. the grab a haynes manual and test the motor with ur multimeter and what not so u can see the numbers that tell u its bad. something could be stuck in the track possibly, or it could even be off the track poke around in there a lil;l b4 replacing anything.
Draft saved Draft deleted