1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

window screwed up

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by cycloneb18c3, Apr 1, 2004.

1. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

Im glad this didnt happen mid- summer... the window was screwed up like a week ago, I had to lift on the window to get it to crank up. I took it apart, and looked at the regulator, greased it and reinstalled it. It seemed to work fine with out weight on it. I installed the window, and its really messed up. now it cranks up, and if i like shut the door the hole window rolls it self down, but the handle crank dosent move. I had to force it up as far as I could, and get plastic sheet and duck tape the hole. It isnt off the tracks, but I dont know what the hell it could be... any idears or questions? oh yea its a 91 teg, manual windows.
    is it possible to convert to power windows, and how hard is it?
    i wonder how much the dealership(or should I take it to local auto body?) would charge me to fix it(probably like $42,516 labor, +2.00 disposal fee, +66.92 tax, +13,500 parts, and three months to fix)

2. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

try here. it may help you out.

3. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

got to a glass shop it sound like the spring is fucked or the gears

4. shaddr3

shaddr3 Junior Member

you can get a power windows kit for roughly $100 for two windows. check out ebay m8

5. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

:bo: Sorry man, that just struck me as funny! :lmao: I would have loved to see that. :)

6. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

thanks for all the help...i got a new door(my body was messed up on the door anyway, so i got one in perfect condition, and put my glass in it. Yea the glass falling down was pretty dam funny, because it took me like 15 minutes to get it up, and the I was like ok ill shut the door nice and gently, and bam, window rolls it self down. i was so pissed. i ended up wedging a piece of wood under the glass in the door to keep it up. oh well.....shit happens....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted