Windows 2k Backup program

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
having issues, its prompting me with a message saying this media is not blank, would you like to overwrite it

media = external hard drive, and its not blank cause i have already ran the backup once

wtf?

i have looked for an over write etc with no success...

any hints?

the built-in backup is just a toned-down version of veritas backup.

are you doing a step-wise (just the new changed data) or a full backup?

full backup

we had/have an ADR onstream tape drive backup but my computer started shutting down and/or logging off during the night

our tech place (assholes) decided the tape drive was probably failing and causing the computer to shut down or log off while performing its operation...

so they came and setup up an external HD that runs 120 at walmart for about 350-400

my boss is less than happy with the external drive because now our mains and the backup are in the same building (we had 3 tapes and would cycle them and remove them from the building in case of fire)

so i think he's going to get a second HD to cycle them weekly, but right now i'm trying to figure out why its not overwriting the previous days backup...

there might be some kind or write-protection on the drive. a lot of back up programs put that on there so you don't accidentialyl over-write your data.

doing a FULL back up daily is stupid IMO.

do a full once, then do the bit-wise to get the changed data.

Back