Windows Movie Maker Help!! converter MPEG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

"M3.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from"

The above messege I keep getting when trying to use my videos I have taken with my Sony Handycam. I beilve that WMM cannot use MPEG, how do I convert these videos to something I can use WMM? And what should I convert them too, (AVI)?

I'm a noob when it comes to this so plase bear with me. I know there is a way to do it, my brother made a video with us racing each other and the video was taken with my Sony Camcorder, by using WMM on his labtop. But he is in the Navy and out to sea so I cant reach him and ask him an Q's

below is the video he made with WMM
YouTube - Magnum v. Civic

Last edited:
movie marker supports mpeg natively.

sounds like something is bad with your driver from the video camera or something. try re-installing the camera drivers

movie marker supports mpeg natively.

sounds like something is bad with your driver from the video camera or something. try re-installing the camera drivers

My bad I ment MPEG2 (high quailty, for things like DVDs, ect.), yes you are right WMM does MPEG files.

I found some info and I had to convert my MPEG2 to AVI files. I found the info through a website call Papajohns, he as a ton of right ups for WMM with links within the site. Here is a link incase anyone cares Movie Maker

Down Loaded a program called "VituralDub-MPEG2" that allows you to convert your files to AVI using diffrent compression codecs that now I can use with my WMM with the videos I take with my camcorder.

Overall, I'd probably suggest holding onto VirtualDub if you plan on doing any video converting in the future...it's probably one of the most useful programs I've used for such. I used to use it for converting .mkv files to something more useable in a DVD format and it supports multiple language formats and subtitles.

Overall, I'd probably suggest holding onto VirtualDub if you plan on doing any video converting in the future...it's probably one of the most useful programs I've used for such. I used to use it for converting .mkv files to something more useable in a DVD format and it supports multiple language formats and subtitles.

Cool, I havent really played with it just MPEG--> AVI conversions
I should play with it some more

Back