windows roll up on an angle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

luVTEC

I own an 88 crx dx and I've had this problem for a little while. It just recently got worse, basically what happens is the Dr. side front window rolls up as if it keeps getting caught on something, but there is nothing in the groove where the glass sides for it to hang up on :huh:

Recently the glass will pop right out of its grooves and its begun pulling the rubber trim down with it when it rolls down and now the rubber trim has ripped. I'm going to have to replace the rubber trim anyway now so I've got to fix it soon.

Have any of you guys had this problem? If so what caused it and how did you fix it? If not then can you pros suggest anything?

I think replacing the trim might help, but not sure if it could be something inside the door itself.

Thanks,

Last summer my passenger side window seemed like it was getting caught on something about 2/3 up and eventually it came off the track and got stuck halfway down. I got a new scissor joint (or whatever the proper name for it is) from honda and it works fine now. It may just need adjusting though...

Bro, I currently have the same problem. I believe it is the weather stripping getting in the way and pushing it off track. I took my whole door apart one day to try to fix the problem and I found some pieces of weather stripping that were messed up. I tried to modify them to fix them but it didnt do anything. It just keeps fucking up. I think I am just going to go down to the dealership and have them do it for like $65,654,601.

Its getting hotter and hotter but my passenger window still does not roll down and I do not have A/C!! Yikes! I need to get that window fixed soon. :unsure:

Back