Windows Vista

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC_CBR

So, my brother received a windows vista beta program and set it up on a virtual machine on one of the computers in his office. anyway, he did the same setup on my laptop and i have to say... i like it. i've barely gotten a chance to use it, because he has to set it up right on my laptop (i honestly don't know shit about computers) but when i was using IE7 on the vista at his ofice, i thought it was pretty damn cool. anyway, just thought i'd share.

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Yeah trying to find a link to the beta download of vista sucks. Im gonna give my buddy a call that has an MSDN Premium account and see if he can get them to send him a cd.

i think am going to remove it, because i'm running it on a virtual machine, my laptop hard drive is only 5400 rpm, and right now i'm only running 512mb ram. so between the two it's running rather slowly. but, if it weren't for that, it'd be schaweet

When I was running Vista on my machine it was pretty fast. But then again my computer is pretty fast :ph34r: I like it, but daemon tools corrupted the whole installation so I said fuck it (I NEEDED CD emulation and it just wan't happening with the build I was running).

We got a beta test setup at work, and even with my AMD 3800+ X2 3GB of RAM and 7800GTX it runs choppy when moving windows around. Overall I like the effects and I like what they are doing. However, they ditched EFI, kept 32bit support, and have some seriously ridiculous system requirements for it. I understand it is still a beta, but I am not that impressed. By the time this thing is released in the market OS X Lepard will have been out for months, and I can dual boot that on my MacBook if I have to.

Back