windshield removal/installation

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectDx

hey,

on a scale from 1-10, 10 being most dfiicult, how difficult is the removal/installation process?

thanks, all.

I would say 8, cutting it out without cracking it is the hardest part. I wouldn't risk it, the windshiled is actually structural and you'll need the urethane, knife and possibly a molding. Bottom line, pay someone.

Actually, I sorda disagree. I haven't messed with a honda windshield but I've replaced 2 of my windshields from a 75' Porsche 914 and they were a breeze. You just need a cutting tool designed for the windshield, it is like a "L" shaped razor that allows you to cut the seal between the windshield and the frame. You just need to be careful when you put the new one back on that you have lots of hands and that you completely take out the old seal as well as put the new one in correctly and apply pressure carefully when sealing it !!!

But, its like hella cheap for windshield replacement, call around, its something like $110 for them to bring out a new windshield and install it !!!

Or just take your old one out and see how hard it really is, if it cracks, then call up the window man and he'll be out in a jiffy !!!

a honda window cost more due to the fact the molding need ot be replaced and they will nor come out in one piece

Back