Windstorm today & tomorrow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Not too exciting right now. The gusts are supposed to be around 30-40 mph. Tonight it picks up to 60 mph gusts going on through tomorrow. Watch out for high profile trucks on the highways making erratic moves. There are crews on standby in case of downed powerlines. There was bad traffic in Boston as suddenly they decided a cracked window at the John Hancock building needed to be replaced. There were several road closures because of it.

And winter is here... Buffalo, NY is getting ready for a blizzard. It must suck to live there in the wintertime. Damn lake effect snow. :blink:

yeah its windy as shit out here in Indiana too. i think we are supposed to get like 50mph winds...and on top of that, it snowed some today!! :eek:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 13 2003, 04:25 PM
Not too exciting right now. The gusts are supposed to be around 30-40 mph. Tonight it picks up to 60 mph gusts going on through tomorrow. Watch out for high profile trucks on the highways making erratic moves.

yay!!! ill be on the road through all of this shit too
i guess work will be a little more exciting tonight and tomorrow

I heard on NPR about a semi getting lifted up out of the Westbound lane on 90 near Buffalo, and landing in the Eastbound lane of I90... without touching the median at all.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 13 2003, 03:51 PM
I heard on NPR about a semi getting lifted up out of the Westbound lane on 90 near Buffalo, and landing in the Eastbound lane of I90... without touching the median at all.

:eek:

5-6 years ago I was in Wyoming, on my way to Cali, when the highways were shut down due to high winds. Two days earlier in Indiana a truck hauling a pre-fab house got blown over on the road. Serious stuff.

bad wind in NY today... blew the top off a tree at my job... 20 to 30 feet in the air, landed within 10 feet of my hatch

damn close call, managed to knock the moldings off my car (loco)

oh, and it jacked up my wiper, (also lcoc)

sorry if the pics are too big first time loading,

and thanks to loco honkey for helping me out

s3fb3f9c0bbfe1.jpg

s3fb3f9979c415.jpg

again sorry about the pics...

a lot of first times today, first time using a digi cam, first time uploading a pic, and first time linking a pic to the post...

i'll work on it

I helped him out in getting him unsuspended. Yeah, that tree hit so hard, it knocked his side molding off and made the passenger wiper all crooked like.

And since he's a newb, and figured out how to post pics, and use a digicam, are you going to bust his balls like you all did KuteGurlie69?

Originally posted by reckedracing@Nov 13 2003, 04:42 PM
bad wind in NY today... blew the top off a tree at my job... 20 to 30 feet in the air, landed within 10 feet of my hatch

damn close call, managed to knock the moldings off my car

Glad that you're okay! I just heard that a woman died in her SUV this afternoon in Rochester, NY. A tree branch fell on her vehicle. :(

wind sucks...I went for subway last night, and I'm glad I did cause a big ass branch fell off the tree I was parked under right where my car WAS sitting. I am now parked up by the garage between the two houses.

Thank God I was hungry when I was last night. :nod:

Please stay away from all parking lots that are filled with shopping carts.....I just got back from Walmart, and saw about 3 shopping carts roll into cars.......kinda funny, I was parked surrounded by Vans and SUVs, with the wind to my back, but pulling out, carts were rolling everywhere....just keep a heads up.

welp end of night 1 on the road in this shit ....

almost got sideswiped 2 times by trucks getting blown into my lane on the highway
had to swerve around a large sign from a sunoco that got blown over into the road
didnt see any lines down or power outages
it was snowing pretty good in danbury and all along the coast line from stamford to new london (no accumulation though :( )

global warming is a fake issue created by tree hugging hippies to scare the public into giving them money and reversing the flow of evolution (ie: back to the stone age)

and then, the ocean water salt belt drive slips. I knew god should have went with direct drive tatonic plates :bash:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Nov 14 2003, 04:06 AM
global warming is a fake issue created by tree hugging hippies to scare the public into giving them money and reversing the flow of evolution (ie: back to the stone age)

i have been saying this for years.

Back