Wine.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
time for a small break from beer....

since I drank myself silly for the last two months with the best beer... and the wife wants me to lose some pounds...and I mentioned wine will be better than light beer...

so now me and the wife are on a short stent of trying wines...

I need some suggestions...

One of my favorites is white zin. Pick a kind for yourself, but I'll normally go for Beringers' White Zin after trying several other brands.

If I could think straight right now I could give you some other types to try.

Edit: Try some Yellow Kangaroo wine, they have some great flavors.

I just killed a bottle of merlot with the wife, while eating some cheese and watching "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" .. and cuddling up on the couch...it was fun....

This might become a new habit....

What brand of Merlot?

Red Rock Winery, California, 2005

and we bought another bottle to try maybe tomorrow afternoon...

Geyser Peak Winery, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2001, from Alexander Valley.

The red rock was fruity, but not very sweet, it left a great aftertaste, and was sort of refreshing, until a few minutes went by, and I had to wet the whistle again... The wife said it tasted like it wasn't aged enough...

I like merlot and chianti. shiraz is good also. I mostly stick to red just because i really like the flavor of them better, not big on many white wines other than white zin sometimes. Oh, and do yourself a favor and get some decent glasses, ones without the rolled lip on them. I picked up some cheap ones at the supermarket that are pretty decent glasses for like $18 for 4. They have a nice thin edge on them.

She already hinted today she wants the flutes....:( and the white wine glasses to go with the collection...:rolleyes:

if she puts out like she has the last night...she might get them...:ph34r:

lol white zin is for old ladies. homo. lol

i mostly drink chianti and cabernet savignon (which i probably spelled real bad, since FF spell check can't even offer a suggestion for it... lol)

if you can find 1997 cab's, buy 'em. damn good year.

the best idea ever to come from the mouth of Celerity:

You ready ?

The Connecticut Wine Trail. It's sunday, they are open. It's a great ride. Look up the route, it's all marked with signs and takes you through the farmlands and country of CT. Do a trip with wine tasting. The whole ordeal costs $100 and takes all day. I'm doing the tour on bike, like I do every year.

Bang that, just make your own wine. (not referring to Cel's idea - sounds awesome)

Man, I love Apfelwein - Home Brew Forums

You can scale it down to 1 gal and just use the #1-PET juice bottles as fermentors. I've got about 4 gallons fermenting/bottled at the moment using a packet of Ale yeast I had around. I'll have to post my impressions in a few months.

if you're willing to try wines from around the country and order them on the interwebs, here's one of my faves:

GoGo Red
Release Date: February 16, 2008 $13
This semi-sweet wine is soft and fruity with aromas of strawberry jam, raspberry and plum.
This wine is Estate Grown.

Grapes: Sabrevois, Zinfandel, Syrah

i'ma pick up a case of this shit this year. it's that consistently good.

try some of the local wines. you may be surprised that you have some very good local wines that actually are reasonably priced :)
wait are you suggesting that someone who is not of age should be drinking? :eek:
lol

=P were talking bottled wine not boxed....

Last edited:
airjockie, i will come break those gorgeous wine glasses of yours if you put boxed vino in them. :hitler:

Back