Wine.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You like whites or reds?

German Rieslings and Gewurztraminer are good whites to try.

But I rarely buy bottles that cost more than 20 bucks so I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur. I usually only drink wine with food.

I have 2 jugs of Carlo Rossi Sangria. Best jugs in the word IMO. Especially out of my stemless wine glasses.

As someone hit on already, the first question should be do you prefer white or red? If there's no preference and you're open to suggestions, base the wine you drink off of the food you plan to consume. The good old, white wine goes with poultry and fish and red wine goes with red meat works as a good rule of thumb.

When you figure out whether you look full body wines or light, fruity wines, those tastes will add any dimensions to wines in your repertoire.

Steve had an excellent idea regarding wine tastings. They're cheap, fun, and let you sample a lot of different wines in close proximity to one another. This allows for nice direct comparisons amongst types of wines as well as specific brands of wine.

If I'm drinking a white wine like pinot grigio, I tend to like wines from Napa Valley and Oregon.
I like Italian pinot noirs if I'm going that direction for red, but I also like this wine from Oregon called Jigsaw. I'm not a big fan of cabs and if I'm drinking a cab, I prefer to drink a blend.

Penfolds shiraz cabernet is an excellent red blend from Australia, IMO.

Real Spanish red sangria is my favorite, but thats not easily accessible. :)

Beringer, Eco Domani, and Kendall Jackson are all big household names that won't break the bank and are half decent. Yellowtail Chardonnay is a cheap wine that has been making a pretty big amount of noise in the recent past, as well.

I can't believe no one said it, Boons Farm!:p

On a serious note, most peoples taste in wine is very personal, ala beer. Do you like white, or red? How dry do you like your wine? Do you prefer you wine fruty, nutty, or more earthen in flavor? Most people have a favorite type of beer (lager, lite, boch ect), then in the type of beer there is a favorite brand. Wine is the same, but with more subsets. Then the whole equation will change when you add food to the equation. General rule of thumb for wine and food is match the wine to the color of meat. Remember if all else fails, you can always fall back on
MadDog 20/20

I do like red wine...and from the latest news...it's healthier than a beer...so that might be my little kick for a while.

But....as life goes....

The wife wants to hack down another tree, so she doesn't get acorns dropped on her new subaru, and that would open up more space for a sweet patio.....

And while I was down in FL. I was pissed off at all the bartenders overshaking drinks...and I might get back into making cocktails, and saw a sweet patio bar set for $199 at stop and shop. I have a feeling the next few meets might have me back to making drinks for everyone.....like when I was a pimp bartender back in Japan. My old recipies kills anything you can get at a normal bar there and here... :p

I will see if any of the mentioned wines are sold here...and I'll try them. Keep them coming.

it's a brand, "Miller Lite"

all other beers spell it correctly

"Light"
Bud Light
Sam Adams Light
Corona Light

you got it?

although I'll admit calling you out over that is a bit petty, it's not like you spelled VTEC wrong

Whoopdie fuckin do. You're cool because you cant fucking spell but you can use smilies.
right, and that would make you cool because...... oh that's right you're not. look I was on this thread to try to give some advice to someone asking it, if you don't wish to contribute to the purpose of this thread that's fine, but leave the bs out.

I'm sorry, someone please delete all of my posts in this thread as they dont pertain to the original topic. I'm not the good neighbor nootrac is.

One of my favorites is white zin. Pick a kind for yourself, but I'll normally go for Beringers' White Zin after trying several other brands.

If I could think straight right now I could give you some other types to try.

Edit: Try some Yellow Kangaroo wine, they have some great flavors.

Fuck yeah, mine too. Get good shit though, like more expensive or something cuz I get the cheapy stuff just to get smashed lol. I still like the taste though.

I'm a sad, silly little man. I honestly thought the thread would be about Wine, the Windows API for Linux. :D

<-- :whatafucktard:

Tried two cab's today.

1st one is the Geyser Peak Winery cab, 2001. Very good, strong aroma, very dry, and easy to drink.

2nd on is Blackstone Winery Cab, 2005...still a little to fresh, and sour. very little aroma and a little taste.

I'm sorry, someone please delete all of my posts in this thread as they dont pertain to the original topic. I'm not the good neighbor nootrac is.

It takes two people to ruin a good day. First a person who says something downright nasty about you, and second, a friend who makes sure you hear about it immediately.

Back