Winter Beater '10.....best one yet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy nice pickup!! i've seen one in person.. it was out at the track

DSC01389.jpg

Last edited:
didnt some of these come with the sr20ve, nissans version of vtec?
before i got my prelude i looked into doing a ve swap in my 200sx.
its a bad ass motor

...and these came out in 1990...the mk3 gti didn't hit the market until 1993

And no, gtir's did not come with a VE
They're all det's, all 5 speeds...there is a SR20VET that came in the xtrail which is a badass motor but very expensive.

That is a sweet car :thumbsup: never even heard of them before. I thought it was a golf/gti at first lol.

in general, getting it here isn't an issue... it just costs money.

it's registering it and insuring it that is usually the impossible task. Unless you have a dealer or repair plate, it's basically not going to happen.

Badass! Makes me want to hook up the ol' ps2 and play some GT4

I'll be interested to see how it gets insured, do you have it tagged yet?

Just because it's got a US title with the JDM VIN doesn't mean you're not gonna get fucked if some pissed off cop sees you driving it and wants to make a stink. Bottom line is that you have a car that somehow got titled and shouldn't have been titled.

Its registered, inspected, and insured (for $14k) to me in Massachusetts with the 12 digit serial number....new Mass title in my name will be here in a few weeks

the only way they could tow the car on me is if I was caught driving it while performing a criminal act or driving with a suspended license, all the paper work is legit...pissed off cop or not, they can't impound a car because they don't like the looks of it, RHD cars are not illegal and as far as the Mass DOT is concerned its already been through an inspection (due to the previous Maine title) and therefor only needs to pass the state inspection every year. No one questioned it at the registry or at my insurance company, just "write a check for $xxx.xx and you're all set Mr. Hosmer"

-I have quite a few friends/family members who are cops...both local and state

and as far as "well its not legal in ____ state", I don't give a shit because I don't plan on ever selling it, I'll give it to my 1st born son when he gets his license

it was those, BC which I wasn't thrilled with in the AE86, 2 companies I've never heard of, or pay out the ass for Tein's with no camber plates/upper mounts and wait forever to get them from overseas

the GTIR suspension is chassis specific, nothing else fits

weird, i've heard good things about the BC's.

ksports aren't bad. i've heard of a few leaking/having issues, but that should be a warranty thing anyway.

I had my BC's on full stiff and preloaded the shit out of the springs and the motherfuckers still rubbed....and it wasn't *that* low and the offsets (especially on the Oni's) weren't some ridiculously wide/negative crap

91f96ca4.jpg

Back