Winter Beater '10.....best one yet

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I don't this was ever I tended to be a winter beater. Lol it was just a car bought in the winter.

This car will be built with love, as I have no intention of ever selling it..that's not to say there won't be a second "project" added to the stable.

I haven't been this infatuated with a car since I bought my first CRX back in 1996, I sat in the garage yesterday with the doors and hood open just reading every sticker/tag, examining all the odds and ends taking mental notes as to what I can upgrade, what may need to be replaced someday, what I can do to make the car function better.

Even last night while watching the patriots game I had my netbook in my lap and was reading the FSM

I beg to differ.
This car is worth its weight in gold.
Chris's cars people are paying him to take out of their front lawns.

it was more in regards to how i bought the white car to just drive, and then i started a few upgrades... :lol:

i'd like you to try to find a good condition 99-00 honda for under 500 bucks though :ph34r::rimshot:

because it reads in mileage/MPH

I'd just learn the aboutish conversion. Think it'd be better all original. Whatever you do, don't get rid of the JDM one. The discrepancy would turn me off.

a few things came in

11.75" Fastbrakes BBK...2 piece front rotors FTW

996c5701.jpg

Enkei RCT1's (predecessor to the NT03, came in smaller sizes)

8e0198e6.jpg

and my new steering wheel setup..same wheel I had before, but it went with the RX7

c2df15ad.jpg

this car has jesus written all over it, project car, winter beater, or otherwise.

mustang dynos are pretty low too. plus drivetrain loss. i'm sure that engine is pretty stout.

what are your plans?

a gt28 turbo, downpipe, injectors, maf, and good tune will get you right about where you want. shouldn't be too tough to get to.

I just wanted to see where I'm starting before doing the work, buying the parts, ect

The OEM ECU has no fuel cut and can compensate up to 14.5psi...the car runs 7psi stock
444cc stock injectors are good for about 299whp
OEM MAF is good until about 290whp

talked to the shop about a custom 3" SS turboback and the price is right so I'm starting there
then I'm looking at Nistune + and ECU consult cable
once I break 250whp I'll look for a Z32 MAF and some 550ish injectors
some sort of boost controller is also in the works...haven't made a decision yet

Back