winter build 98 civic coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

akathesilent

Well it's winter and car is parked so i figured i would post all the work i am doing and thought maby you guys would give me some good advise along the way. Hope you guys injoy!!!

Car is a 98 coupe ex

Plans for this build is to shave the engine bay, wire tuck, and motor swap.

pics will be up tomorow.

Sorry for the grammer up front, i wil
DSC_0163.jpg
l edit as i go.

This is my ride, it's pearl whit sitting on 17inch fast virus rims. Got Type One coil overs, Function 7 sub fram brace, Skunk2 lower controle arms, Yonaka cat back exhaust and pipe. Front and back strut brace. Molded side skirts, type r front and rear lip . Shaved rear tail lights and jdm black housing head lights.

The interior is nothing fancy, short shifter, sparco shift knob, ractive steering lol ya lol i know.

Under the hood. When i got this car, under the hood whas a mess a real mess, I will post pics of it, motor is a d16y8 i put a Skunk2 intake manifold on it and cold air intake. Yonaka half rad. dint want to put money in this motor. i saved it all for the one i am putting in this winter. I bought a b18c1!!!!

Not long after i got a Skunk 2 intake manifold and Yonaka rad. So when i whas putting that in i took out all the ac stuff, and power steeing, had tons of room so i painted it fast whit spray can, and i wrinkle painted the valve cover This is what it looked like,
DSC_0169.jpg

k so here is my motor that i am putting in the car. It's realy clean, all the valvs where goest done and all the seals and water pump, timing belt, every thing whas changed. here it is B18c1
DSC_0687.jpg

1 day working on the car, removed lights, bumper, and got it ready to pull the motor out tomorow. All went good exeped the shift rod whas stuck on the shalf of the trans,

DSC_0793.jpg

Well i have been trying to work on the car. But we are in dec and family stuff is getting in the way lol. I filled alot of the holes in the bay, the onley big ones left is the holes for the harnes. I am keeping those open for now becouse i am going to put the gsr in for a test fit, do all the wires and make shure she runs good.

Sunday went for a 7 hour road trip whit a budy. We went to get a transission for me and a gsr for him, finding parts online and going for a road trip to get theme is goest as much fun then building the car. Got the shift links and the motor mounts for the swap.

DSC_0045.jpg

The transmission is a y21 no lsd does anyone know what cv axels i should get to fit my spindels.

So i started the front last night, did the all the grinding, i cleaned up the transmission a bit but ran out of brake clean fast. Is it ever covered lol. They must of blown a gasket or somthing and never cleaned it up.

DSC_0041.jpg

Back