Winter driving

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I can get Michelin xi2 for $200-250 mounted and balanced. Stock clutch ($120) and pp and flywheel machining and throwout bearing and fluid plus time is worth more than that IMO. I've been able to get 5 seasons out of my snowies, but I'll have to replace them next year. So $40-50 a year for tires is ok with me.

Thanks for the advice. I live at the bottom of the steepest biggest hill in town. Last year i would purposely go up even when its icy, just for the trill. I watched everyone struggle to go up, some halfway and came down backwards, even jeeps and subies. I thought to myself..... "i can do that!"... and i did lol. In the civic and my moms van. Guess the manual thing is the only thing throwing me off, but im sure ill be fine and get used to it. This car is low, wide and a bit heavy, so its stable. In fact most of the comments i get from people at work (other than sexy) are its a very solid, stable looking car.

Bring on the snow, ive dealt will tons and ive only ever hit one snow bank... in an aerostar.... back when i first learned how to drive. Never got stuck either.

i always keep my civic in the highest gear possable without bogging it down to much, it prevents spinning as much as theres less torque in a higher gear/lower rpm's

Well we got about 10cm this morning and i drove around a bunch its not too bad really, no more worse than most cars. Winter driving despite having it every year always feels new for a while. The only ones not having trouble are those damn giant 4x4 trucks, bombing it around like they own the road. Snow tires would be of benefit but ill manage.

BTW my car looks great with ice on it, especially with the silver, maybe ill get a pic.

Back