winter plans for your vehicle?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cleveland winters blow ass.
drive the truck mostly in 4wd and keep the rex on jackstands and start it every once in a while

cleveland winters blow ass.
drive the truck mostly in 4wd and keep the rex on jackstands and start it every once in a while

:werd: Last year was bad, there was like a foot of snow on our roads for like 2 days, and we barely get the lake effect shit you guys get up there.

Ya know, after much thought, a good solid old 4runner or old 'yota pickup would be ideal as a project car during the year and winter vehicle.

hmm.

:)

slowly but surely im turning you fuckers into minitruckers....LMMFAO!!

on a serious note tho, sounds like everyone has some good projects going on this winter.

:)

slowly but surely im turning you fuckers into minitruckers....LMMFAO!!

on a serious note tho, sounds like everyone has some good projects going on this winter.

My dad has been restoreing a 79' VW Bus for my sister, he already lowered it 4 inches, but Ive been trying to talk him into bagging it.:D

Nov: Win Lotto.

Dec: Find a shop willing to install as properly as possible the wide body kit on the crx. Widebody CRX
Hopefully the same shop can do a decent paint job on the whole car. Find another shop or use the same shop to install some monster swap for the engine and drive train. I expect about a 2-3 month wait.

Jan: Strip down the red Z, and take it to a shop that will weld the fuck out of it, floor boards, frame rails, sandblast it, more body work, cage, and slap on the my other rare widebody flares.

Feb: Personally go thru the engine I have for the red Z. Might build it up for a turbo stroker. Or sell it and go with a 350Z engine swap.

March: Re-do the parts list for both cars...start buying items in Japan.

April: sell kidney.

May: Go shopping in Japan.

June: finish up both cars.

July: drive.

August: Profit

I'm going to restore a 260Z.

Yes, the one Airjockey Used Cars is selling.

ef my dad has apicture by his appartment building of how deep the snow was in cle ill find it and send it to you its rediculous he has snow up to the windows on his his astro van and the nova nxt door is almost burried

Last year was bad, there was like a foot of snow on our roads for like 2 days, and we barely get the lake effect shit you guys get up there.

my dad has a picture of his van burried up to the windows ill find it and post it up here
in cle they have to use road graders to plow the snow once it gets too bad

taking the carbon fiber hood and rims off my 97 civic, parking it and running my 95 astro van all winter while researching and saving for a b series engine swap..pretty much why i joined this forum this morning

taking the carbon fiber hood and rims off my 97 civic, parking it and running my 95 astro van all winter while researching and saving for a b series engine swap..pretty much why i joined this forum this morning

Welcome! Take your time researching and youll find all the info you need.

thnx..appreciate it..definitely not gonna rush this one..i had so many plans for my 92 civic that i never accomplished. definitely wanna make it happen with this one ;]

Just got out from under the hood, did some minor repairs. Tell me this HS... who in the FUCK thought a plastic PCV valve was a smart idea?! You go to remove it and crack-crack-snap-crack-shatter, and a ten minute job triples in time just trying to get those bits and pieces out!

I've always been ass backwards from everyone else. most people build in the summer, race them like crazy in the winter. not meh. I've stripped down my ex, getting ready for fresh clean paint still, and pistion rings still needed. I would of had it all last month atleast. but.. new job. isnt hot at all, nor is the money. But soon, soon i will finsh this damn civic. I'll post progress pics later.

been a while since i've last logged on. lol.

I've always been ass backwards from everyone else. most people build in the summer, race them like crazy in the winter. not meh. I've stripped down my ex, getting ready for fresh clean paint still, and pistion rings still needed. I would of had it all last month atleast. but.. new job. isnt hot at all, nor is the money. But soon, soon i will finsh this damn civic. I'll post progress pics later.

been a while since i've last logged on. lol.

That's actually the same as a lot of people. It's mainly street racers and some autocrossers that would race in the winter, as most tracks are closed. A lot of people up north don't even drive their "normal" cars during the winter due to road salt.

i've already started on my winter project. pulled the engine out of the civic 2 nights ago and have it scattered throughout the garage and house (much to the wifes dismay). went yesterday and bought an air compressor (much to the neighbors dismay). trying to research which camshaft to get. im doing a semi-full build. i dont want to really dick with the internals (rods, pistons) but i may anyways, depending, of course, on how much the government gives me in Feb. :D

Back