Winter Storage Prep

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92CHB

I have the priviledge of parking my hatch in my girlfriends basement garage.
I was wondering what should be done in preperation for it sitting all winter. I figure i'd tape up the exhaust tip and intake(i have a stock air box), through some stabil in the gas tank, unhook the battery completely, and give it a good cleaning. Now as for oil should i change it right before it goes in (+/- a couple hundred miles) or should i keep the oil in the engine that has about 2000 miles on it? I have probably missed alot of stuff so thats why i am asking you guy on what i should do. Thanks for any help.

I am wondering as well about my car.
I've got a 2000 Civic Si, unfortunately i do not have a garage so my car will be parked in the driveway, as always, exposed to everything. It's my daily driver as well, and this will be its first winter since its been mine. I live in a city just north of seattle and it gets pretty cold, and some snow is to be expected.
So, i'm worried, because everyone always talks about how bad winter is for cars, but i'm stuck because nothing's changing for me; no driveway, no other car to drive.
What should I be worried about/ ?

Originally posted by Blanco@Nov 7 2004, 02:17 PM
I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to drain all of the fluids if the car is going to be sitting for a few months.
[post=413436]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought that too but like for the oil won't it promote some type of seizing/rusting inside the engine?
And as for the gas tank empty or full? or half even... there will be stabil involved no matter what i do.

I have the same questions accept its not going tosnow or anything im in cali, and im only sytoring it cause i lost my license. Should i keep gas in the tank? Its empty now, I mean i figured i should because i figured i should go start if every once in a while. Im jsut scared in hte 5 months i have left one i go to drive it daily agsaain its gonna give me shit. Not to mentions its a GS-R sp if somehting happens to that engines its half the price of my car gone to shit. Please i have bean wanting to know the same shit so if any one has any tips for me that would be great.

Back