wintercross today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

number9

Very wild wintercross today at Bristol. Man was it COLD! About 31 drivers participated in three classes: All wheel drive (about 20 drivers); front WD (5) and RWD (about 6).

Three runs. The AWD cars were in the 1:30-1:40 range; the FWD 1:44-1:50; and the RWD were slightly slower.

The next one is scheduled in two weeks, but best subscribe to the CART e-mail list for updates. Or if you're lucky, the website.

i got studded snows on :( they won't let me go anyway

hahah chip rippin it up :)

Dscf0010.jpg

looks like a lot of fun

They don't let you run with studs? How about if I chain up? My chains are good for 65 MPH...

its a horrible autocross lot as well, but thats ok because its nice and cheap and the lot is huge. :D

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Feb 9 2004, 11:27 AM
its a horrible autocross lot as well, but thats ok because its nice and cheap and the lot is huge. :D

Chris, it's even huger now - as that big pile of dirt and boulders is gone. No telling what it looks like underneath, but the lost is effectively twice as big now.

The last three FWD cars of the last run (me included!) all went off into the same snow bank and had to get towed out.

But it was a cold day. And today I have a 101 temp on top of having my body & car bounced around on frozen slush ruts. :blink:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 9 2004, 10:29 AM
"gotta preserve the lot" which is already shot to shit anyway.. but ohh well

"preserve my nuts, bitch!" :p

*shrug* I'm not going to drive six hours to slide around in the snow when I can do that in my driveway. Boo yah!

the officials usually run the corners around the light poles. no casualties yet. :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 9 2004, 10:29 AM
"gotta preserve the lot" which is already shot to shit anyway.. but ohh well

Don't be mad just because you hate that hump at the end of the back straightaway... LOL

:unsure: will there be snow???? :unsure:

Got an e-mail today from CART saying that Sunday's wintercross has been cancelled. Seems a bit early to pull the plug, as there's some percipitation in the forecast. Oh well.

Next up from CART is a Rally on March 14th. Details TBN.

Back