wire colors for temp sensors on 88 crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tmac1987

I just got an 88 crx si and the wiring is all messed up and missing. I need to wire the temperature sensors for the gauge in the dash and the one for the ecu. I got the fittings that clips on the the sensors on the head from an 88 integra. The wire colors do not match up. Can anyone tell me what color the wires are that go to the sensors. The three colored wires that I see are a green and yellow wire, red and white wire and a green and whit wire on my crx. thanks for the help.

I just got an 88 crx si and the wiring is all messed up and missing. I need to wire the temperature sensors for the gauge in the dash and the one for the ecu. I got the fittings that clips on the the sensors on the head from an 88 integra. The wire colors do not match up. Can anyone tell me what color the wires are that go to the sensors. The three colored wires that I see are a green and yellow wire, red and white wire and a green and whit wire on my crx. thanks for the help.
green/yellow goes to the 1-wire connector for the gauge - red/white and green/white go to the 2-wire connector for the ECU

gauge still not working

The temp sensor for the ecu seems to be working, but the temp gauge still isn't working. i followed the wire and ran a new one from where it enters the engine bay, but the gauge isn't working, the needle moves around at random and stays there for a while then moves again.

Any advice or ideas?
Is it ok that i used the female adapter off of an 88 integra, it snapped onto my sensor?

Thanks for the help.

Back