wire harness swap???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89hatchd15b

now its a 91
I am swapping the wiring harness from a 89 si hb to a 91 dx hb,since it is an 89 harness going into a 91 chassis some plugs are different. The one that I don't want changed is the plug that goes to the back of the car, plugs together under the dash on the left side. Does anyone have a pin out of the plugs or should I change the harness that runs to back of the car? I can post pics of the plugs too.

I am just going to swap the rear harness, I got it out of the Si already.
Got the harness in the dx and hooked up, and panels back in place. Had to change the fuel pump plug(same metal connectors just different plastic case holding them). The taillights are different too, I am just going to use the 89 lights and wiring in the light. The 89 has 4 bulbs were the 91 has 5 bulbs so it had a different plug in at the harness. I still have to change the plug going to the storage area light, I didn't do it yet because I have to solder wires and I am going to wait till I have more to solder because I want to do it all at once. I hooked up the under dash fuse box and changed the harness going to the key switch.
Tomorrow I am going to pull the jdm d15b out of the si to go into the dx.
I am also looking for a 90-91 si drivers seat if any one has one they want to get rid of.

Last edited:
Back