Wire Tuck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
I've already tucked the drivers side of my bay, now I want to do the passanger side.

I have a complete 5 speed D16Y7 harness OBD2 harness and OBD0 ECU plugs. Will that harness be easy to convert to OBD1 and VTEC? I would keep my OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and just solder the OBD0 plugs onto the OBD2 harness.

Where could I hide the fuse box? In the glove box?

Came up with some issues. I'm missing some plugs, forgot I cut them lol, and quite a few differences. But I had to expect that being OBD2.

103_0313.jpg

103_0303.jpg

Have to put on a tempature sensor, get rid of the extra o2 wires and the extra mystery plug.

103_0305.jpg

Dizzy has one plug vs. 2 plugs and 1 more wire on my CRX dizzy.

103_0306.jpg

Big, random plugs.

103_0307.jpg

Alternator plug is different and has 1 less wire than my CRX alt plug.

103_0308.jpg

Unknown plug. Maybe TPS?

103_0309.jpg

Have to change the injector plugs.

103_0310.jpg

Have to put on the MAP plug and some more unknown plugs.

103_0312.jpg

Exactly.

Fail on my part because I haven't searched yet...going to try and swap over the ECU plugs now. A diagram would be nice. **wink**wink**

WOW.

you and i are now in the same boat with the wiring.
I've got the same harness and plan to clean it up and use it as my OBD1 harness to replace the existing tuck in the CRX.

definitly gonna be keeping an eye out.... :0

soooo how is it going?

I messed with my harness too and am a little stuck since I have a feeling I have an obd2b harness.
My alternator plugs look different

I did my B16 swap and gave up on this harness lol. It was for my old swap.

I think it should be possible to use the OBDII alternator. Just re-wire it to match the colors. My stock CRX harness has 4 dizzy wires and my B16 alt had 3 wires but it will worked. I just cut off the odd wire.

darn.
Well the alternator is easy. I have to swap out plugs anyway since I HAVE an obd1 alternator. everything else on the motor is OBD2.

welp, back to the research.....

On our crx we ran the wires through the fenders for the headlights, horns, etc... mouted the everything to do with vacuum in the p/s fender and ran the engine wires through the grommet towards the middle of the engine bay. Mouted the fuse box right above the ecu under the dash. Although it may be different for you as we removed the heater box

Back