Wireing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DeCoY

My 1990 civic Si now has my JDM - GSR 94-01 OBD2 motor installed and all that is left is the wireing. I'm using the p72 ECU that came with the motor and purchased a OBD0 chassis to OBD2 ECU conversion jumper. Other than the vtec wiring, what other wireing will be nessicary? Can I still use most of the stock 90 SI harness? Any advise would be much appreciated.

your going to need to run a 4 wire o2 sender and iab for the gsr motor, and knock sensor, and are you going to run obd2 injectors or the obd0 injectors

also when i did my swap in my old crx, i bought a complete ecu adapter kit with the engine subharness and dist. adaptors. where did you get your ecu conversion from?

did you get a subharness or no? if so then you should be good to go

Can anyone tell me what subharness i need and where to find it ? or if fabricating wouldnt be too hard?

Also, what does "IAB" mean? thnx

Thnx bone, I am now being told that converting the wiring in my civic to work with the obd2 Ecu and all engine componants will be nearly immpossible. Now I am being told i will need to convert to OBD1 wich basically means i will need a new Distributor, ECU, injectors and god knows what else. This really sucks I may have to quit the whole job and sell the car cuz im not sure i can get the money for all that... IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER HELPFUL ADVICE I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT.

no you dont need to sell your car and you can use obd2 on your car. so call the sompany that you got your harness from and get the subharness from them.

its not impossible to do, you just need all the wiring, give the company a call I am sure they can help you out with the subharness.

i love rywire, i got my obd1 conversion from them. . . you can still come up with the money for it. . . see if you can sell the obd2 harness, which im sure you can. . . sell the gsr ecu and buy a p28, you can make alot of money off of that ecu. . . or so i think. . .

then take you time, read up on wirign and go at it. . . just label everything as you go along and you should be fine

If you need any help with the OBD1 wiring let me know, I also have subharnesses that include from the plug to the ECU pin. Let me know if you need any help.

Back