wireless disapeared

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

invisibledemon

Bored
VIP
my wireless stopped working.
the switch that is on the front of my laptop to enable and disable now does nothing.
i cant get to anything to mess with the WLAN settings or anything like that.
theres no more icon on the item bar on the bottom of the screen

WTF!!!?????:confused::confused:

check your network connections in control panel. it may be disabled in there, or your power settings.

nope, i looked into it pretty hard.
seems that most compaq presario have done this. gotta check my receipts and check the date, i believe my warranty just expired, so i may have a nice fight ahead of me.

bullshit.

Troubleshooting Laptop Wireless Connections - Notebook Won't Connect To Wireless Network

If that doesn't help it's probably a hardware failure. I was having this problem with an HP laptop, I took it apart and the antenna inside had come loose somehow. I re-soldered it and it worked perfectly.
my wireless stopped working.
the switch that is on the front of my laptop to enable and disable now does nothing.
i cant get to anything to mess with the WLAN settings or anything like that.
theres no more icon on the item bar on the bottom of the screen

WTF!!!?????:confused::confused:

A guy I work with has an HP pavillion out of warrenty yet got fixed for free same exact problem wireless card just stops working, kinda a silent recall bad motherboard. Try calling compaq first even if you don't have the recipt

yeah, im fucking stuck on this wire right now.

i have to see if my warranty will be covered bc my comp had vista on it wheen i purchased it but i had it taken away and had xp put on it.

Back