1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless Network Activity

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by newb, Apr 2, 2010.

1. newb

newb phresh VIP

Alright, I know you guys have the answer lol. I never noticed before (wasnt really payin attention), but now my little "Wireless Network Activity" gadget gets little blurps even when all the programs on the computer are closed and its standing idle. Is that normal or not?

Ive been using Bit Torrent lately, and Ive been a lil paranoid about it, so thats when I noticed the meter gettin spikes from time to time. I scan everything I download, and havent had anything with a virus yet. Am I just bein too paranoid?

2. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

No, the 1337's have haxored you. Wrap your router in tinfoil, even when it's powered off!

3. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

traffic always passes back and forth so long as the modem is on.

4. newb

newb phresh VIP

Dont be stupid.

I have a thick layer of tin foil under the shingles on my roof. Theres no gettin in my head.

Gotcha, thanks a lot.

5. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Yup its just the handshake type stuff. Router says to Computer "yo bitch what you need" computer says "Step off before I stab you. Ill tell you what I need when I need it bitch" Over and over it goes until the computer needs a new fix.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted