Wireless USB and Playstation 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

karnash

Banned
Just bought a wireless USB dongle and plugged it into my playstation.

Did a search online and couldn't figure out how to make it work with my wireless connection, much less configure the ps2 to recognize the dongle.

Any help would be appreciated. :worthy:

Quoted post[/post]]
Just bought a wireless USB dongle and plugged it into my playstation.

Did a search online and couldn't figure out how to make it work with my wireless connection, much less configure the ps2 to recognize the dongle.

Any help would be appreciated. :worthy:

I don't believe that you can use the USB ports for random devices like that. I think they only work for certain PS2-enabled headsets, keyboards, special controllers (wheels, joysticks, etc.).

I think you're pretty much limited to the Sony broadband adapter for networking.

Not necessarily (spelling, I've been drinking). When I had a PS2, I used the Xbox Live adapter for it, and it worked perfect, lol. Played Socom II with it...But as far as USB, I don't think that the PS2 recognizes just ANY USB adapter.

It wont recognize your wifi usb... You have to buy the sony WiFi adapter....

But ANY keyboard will work. I used my microsoft Natural Keyboard.

What is the sony wifi adapter?

I got the slimline ps2 and there is a ethernet connection in the back already...

I just decided to put the wireless usb dongle on my desktop computer and run a cord from the router to the ps2 and hid it under the carpet.

This post belongs in our Computers, Games, Electronics etc Forum. Please look for your post there.

:moved:

Thanks,

The Moderating Team

Back