1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wires behind dash in a ED 4dr

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by 78civic, Oct 22, 2009.

1. 78civic

78civic Junior Member

Good afternoon, I picked up a set of Quantum "seperate" speakers for the front of my civic and would rather have The tweeters centered in the dash right up by the windshield than in the doors where it would fire toward the other door.

If I were to use a hole saw, is there any wiring behind the upper-most pad on the dash?? I don't want to cut thru any needed wiring like last time. (another vehicle using gauges)

In addition, would it be easier to just 'fish' the wires to the crossover down behind the dash (after mounting the tweeters in the top of the dash) OR should I loosen the dash, pull it outward slightly and get the wires thru that way..?

E

2. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

im not sure but your prolly gonna have to pull the dash to get a hole saw back there anyways

3. xeroxero

xeroxero New Member

Pulling the dash would be the safest way to do it, it only takes about an hour and its worth the hastle.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted