Wires Galore

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I have a quick question... when putting the h22 in the 5th gen accords are there wires you have to lengthen??? It says so on h22.org or whatever it is... I was just wondering before i started cutting the wires! I am aware of adding some i just wasnt sure if it was necessary to lengthen some of them@!
*Sensors to lengthen:

(NOTE: Consult the helms for the location of sensors, and color code of the wires on your harness.) Colors below are for the Accord LX harness.

IAT (GRN/BLU-RED/YEL): Too short, needs to reach drivers side of intake manifold.

MAP (YEL/WHT-GRN/WHT-WHT/YEL): Too short, needs to reach wherever on the firewall you mount the MAP sensor.

EGR Lift solenoid (GRN/BLU-WHT/BLK-YEL/BLU): Too short, needs to reach passengers side of intake manifold.

H02s (GRN/BLU-WHT/RED-ORN/BLK-YEL/BLK): Too short, needs to be run to O2 sensor, near oil filter.

IAC valve (BLK/BLU-YEL/BLK): Too short, needs to reach top of intake runners, in the middle.

ECT switch A: This will need to be extended to the thermostat housing on the passengers side of the back of the head. The ECT sensor and ECT sending unit fit fine (under the distributor.)

*NOTE: There is no ECT switch B on the JDM H22, just spare back the connector.

Alternator: The power wire on the alternator needs to be lengthened about 2". We just cut the one off the Prelude harness, and attached it to the Accord harness with a large enough splice.

Alright fair enough!! Does anyone know how long each one has to be appox?? I just want it all ready for when i drop it in! wiring after its in and splicing than is going to be a pain in da :worthy:

that's why you should put the harness on the motor bfore you drop the motor back in the car...

No, don't put the harness on before you drop it in. It'll make it tougher to get the engine in the car. Just drop it in, and lengthen wires as necessary. It'll be VERY obvious which ones are too short....:lol:

i guess you love to have a hot solder.. on top of your face while laying under the car trying to extend your oxygen sensor, and your IAT sensor wires...*smart* :worthy:

Originally posted by goofyme@Jun 3 2003, 12:31 AM
i guess you love to have a hot solder.. on top of your face while laying under the car trying to extend your oxygen sensor, and your IAT sensor wires...*smart* :worthy:

what would the point of soldering be when the heat from the engine alone may melt it?

Originally posted by 90 accord+Jun 2 2003, 11:54 PM-->
@Jun 3 2003, 12:31 AM

what would the point of soldering be when the heat from the engine alone may melt it?

zinc content determines solder melting temps. most solder melts above 350 F. if your engine bay temps are that high youve got bigger problems than melting solder.

Yep Im not fully done wiring it! I still have to do the oxygen sensor..... Its pretty easy to determine how long you need it!!!! Taking a look at how long the h22 wiring harness plugs are help to... than you add about a foot onto that i shouldnt have problames!! If i do no problame... my garage has a lift and all the tools of the trade! :fuckyou3:

i guess everyone has their own ways of doing things....

Back