Wiring a b18b1 into 96 ek. Confused!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nsgtr88

Hey guys I'm in the process of swapping out a d16y8 out of a 96 and dropping in a 99 b18b1. I got everything but one thing. The wire harnesses.

Before I start I'll tell u I stereotypically overlooked the wiring part. I'm kicking myself for that thinking that it was going to swap without it. Now I'm stuck.

Mind u that it had a d16y8. I'm not sure what ecu is in the 96 but I Got the p75 that runs the b18b1.
The p75 isn't even close to the head of the harness. What do I do? I don't want to cut into the harness
Does anybody know where I can get a jumper harness for it or is there any other way.

I made a thread weeks ago explaining what I'm do. I'm pulling this b18 out of a 93. So I have that harness but I can't seem to get it out. Not knowing how doesn't help either.
But I also notice that there's a harness running out of the driverside firewall on the 96 and the 93 doesn't.
I'm confused on how to proceed. I don't know if that harness will Even work please help becuase I'm stumped and I miss my b18 lol

you must have an obd1 ecu.
otherwise, the plugs would match up
you probably need an obd2a>obd1 conversion harness

Ya I been doing research and I'm almost sure that what it is, I just can't find a picture of a direct view of each harness.
I have both haynes manuals and both don't tell me the difference just the diagram.

O ya don't know if I should start a new thread with this but what's the difference between a p72(p73 not sure) and a p75? I'm gonna make the motor back into obd2 once I get everything going so I know I need a different ecu.

Thanks for ur input matt

Back