wiring a gsr swap in my eg help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BIGJOSEPH

Big Joseph
hey i am swapping a b18c1 gsr swap in my coupe and was wondering if it was worth getting a chipped ecu and also where would be a good spot to find someone to do it or to buy one, and also is it easy to make the harness for the VTEC because mine is a dx and does not already habe it,
thanks

i think its worth it you get a better fuel and ignition curve. and usaully you can find one in a import shop they should have the chips there but you will need a p28 to be able to chip one its the best one to chip. and no its not hard you just have to find which pins on your ecu the vtec wire goes in

well the swap i am doing comes with the gsr ecu can i send that out and have it chipped or do i need to get another one.

sending it anywhere without the car doesnt do anything

ever heard of dyno tuning?

that's the only way to do it right.

stock parts = stock fuel maps.

alright but where i live there is really no where here or around here that would be able to do that, any ideas. thanks

i agree with legal if you want your car done right take it somewhere..i go to my boy wangs tuning in new hampshire hes like the honda god no joke..and as for wireing vtec you need to wire it to your knock sensor and your ecu...better leave that to a pro..no offense..and the easy way to swap is to wire the gr-r all up the drop the motor in and just plug it into the main clips on the side of the engine bay...then do you s/l..axels..exaust nd your done..

you dont really need tuning when you get your computer chipped unless its a custom chip or some stand alone system i had a mugen and a spoon chipped ecu with no tuning just got it chipped put it on my car and reved the fuck out of it.. and as for what ecu to chip it is recommmened to use a p28 ( 92-95 civic ex)!! the chip on ebay is like 8 dollars or so and actaully getting chipped is llike 50 so it aint that expensive lol

yeah you can run it but the motor is not going to be pulling its full power potential if you dont have a chip on that p28 from what i know you cant chip the p72 i dont know though its easier to chip the p28

you dont really need tuning when you get your computer chipped unless its a custom chip or some stand alone system i had a mugen and a spoon chipped ecu with no tuning just got it chipped put it on my car and reved the fuck out of it.. and as for what ecu to chip it is recommmened to use a p28 ( 92-95 civic ex)!! the chip on ebay is like 8 dollars or so and actaully getting chipped is llike 50 so it aint that expensive lol

'reved the fuck out of it' - your an idiot. if you had cams/valves/springs/retainers/guides then your cool. but then you'd want to dyno it anyway.

chipping it like this changes your stock fuel maps. belive it or not, you lost horsepower.

a mugen chip is for a full mugen built motor

a spoon chip is for a full spoon built motor

dont chip it the cheap/incorrect way. the life of your motor depends on it!

btw, mugen and spoon are retuned. and not for YOUR motor. so you DID change the fuel/ignition tables...

Last edited:
so run a p28 ecu out of you said a 92-95 civic ex, is it different then the dx ecu, thanks

honestly if you go read up on Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement they have alot of pertinant information for you, such as which ecu will drive which motor. keep in mind that an ecu that CAN run your motor, but wasnt designed for your motor, is going to require you to change the fuel maps to the maps of your motor. wether you choose hondata or not, they can help you learn some more.

Applications By Engine

'reved the fuck out of it' - your an idiot. if you had cams/valves/springs/retainers/guides then your cool. but then you'd want to dyno it anyway.

chipping it like this changes your stock fuel maps. belive it or not, you lost horsepower.

a mugen chip is for a full mugen built motor

a spoon chip is for a full spoon built motor

dont chip it the cheap/incorrect way. the life of your motor depends on it!

btw, mugen and spoon are retuned. and not for YOUR motor. so you DID change the fuel/ignition tables...

prove all this then stupidass!! the spoon chip has a 8700 rpm redline!! and exactly how do you lose horsepower by changing your stock fuel maps?? how the fuck you gonna have a mugen built motor?? haha your stupid!! have you had a mugen chipped ecu??

so run a p28 ecu out of you said a 92-95 civic ex, is it different then the dx ecu, thanks

the only difference is that the p28 is a vtec ecu and the dx or po6 is non vtec.. it is easier to chip a p28 though then a p06 hope this helps!! but if anything you can always use a stock gsr and your motor will run good you just have to wire the knock and vtec sensor

honestly if you go read up on Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement they have alot of pertinant information for you, such as which ecu will drive which motor. keep in mind that an ecu that CAN run your motor, but wasnt designed for your motor, is going to require you to change the fuel maps to the maps of your motor. wether you choose hondata or not, they can help you learn some more.

Applications By Engine

yeah hondata is not just a ecu that will run your motor!! its a stand alone engine management system!! that actually requires dynoing and tuning!! cuz its meant to run your motor for power!!

prove all this then stupidass!! the spoon chip has a 8700 rpm redline!! and exactly how do you lose horsepower by changing your stock fuel maps?? how the fuck you gonna have a mugen built motor?? haha your stupid!! have you had a mugen chipped ecu??

lol so it raises the redline. you sir, need to read. what good is raising the redline without cams/springs/valves/retainers? You dont create power up there man.

BOTH chips have air/fuel ratios ment for differnet combinations of parts. different compression. different lift and duration. if you have an otherwise stock motor, yes you are losing power because of it. those fuel maps are not written for a stock motor.

get bent. dont call someone a stupid ass because they tell you want you said is wrong. just keep reving your motor, and when it breaks a valve, then you'll learn.

yeah hondata is not just a ecu that will run your motor!! its a stand alone engine management system!! that actually requires dynoing and tuning!! cuz its meant to run your motor for power!!

dude that's so he knows what ECUs (in hardware terms) can run his motor

go home!

this isnt Need For Speed Undergound

Last edited:
dude that's so he knows what ECUs (in hardware terms) can run his motor

go home!

this isnt Need For Speed Undergound

ahaha need for speed undergroudn?? haha ok!! that game didnt teach that!! lol

lol so it raises the redline. you sir, need to read. what good is raising the redline without cams/springs/valves/retainers? You dont create power up there man.

BOTH chips have air/fuel ratios ment for differnet combinations of parts. different compression. different lift and duration. if you have an otherwise stock motor, yes you are losing power because of it. those fuel maps are not written for a stock motor.

get bent. dont call someone a stupid ass because they tell you want you said is wrong. just keep reving your motor, and when it breaks a valve, then you'll learn.

how do you know it wont create power up there?? how do you know it will lose power how are you so sure?? have you dynoed a stock motor on a mugen chipped ecu?? then what exactly are those fuel maps meant for then?? if they arent meant for a stock motor then what are they meant for?? i dont think anyone that has a built motor is going to run there car hard on a mugen chipped they go with hondata, crome, neptune aem something is stand alone!

Back