wiring a gsr swap in my eg help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nope actually the mugen chipped ecu had a red line to 13k rpm and i missed shifted like 5 times all the way to 13k and the motor never droped a valve the motor is still running hard!!
and hold on im trying to figure out how to post pics on here

Ok no stock motor is going to rev to 13k. Its gonna take serious time, and money to build and tune something that won't blow up very quickly at thoes speeds. There is a reason honda limits the b16/b18c at 8200 rpm's. It doesn't make much power past that. Even if you raise the rev limiter and dump a shitload of fuel in with your mugen chip, it still won't make power. The reason is that the cams arn't designed to provide the flow needed that high.

The p72 ecu is the best choice for you. It is the only ecu with the correct fuel and timing maps, and the only ecu that will operate the iab's and has a vtec crossover at 4500. Anything else you will not be getting the full potential of the motor.

Ok no stock motor is going to rev to 13k. Its gonna take serious time, and money to build and tune something that won't blow up very quickly at thoes speeds. There is a reason honda limits the b16/b18c at 8200 rpm's. It doesn't make much power past that. Even if you raise the rev limiter and dump a shitload of fuel in with your mugen chip, it still won't make power. The reason is that the cams arn't designed to provide the flow needed that high.

The p72 ecu is the best choice for you. It is the only ecu with the correct fuel and timing maps, and the only ecu that will operate the iab's and has a vtec crossover at 4500. Anything else you will not be getting the full potential of the motor.

ah yes, i forgot the IABs. thank you sir

what ive heard p28 is the ecu to use to get it chipped cus of knock sensors, and you could use the wiring harness from d16z6 at long as its v-tec

You're gonna have to chip the p28 with the iab anyways, so its going to require the same amount of wiring.

I found a working copy of the PGMFI Wiki!

This is an invaluble resource to anyone with questions about ECUs. This tells you hardware compatibility, capability, and the options you have when modifying different aspects of the programing.

It's not overly technical. If your a noob, I HIGHLY recommend skimming though it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060517155400/www.pgmfi.org/twiki/bin/view/Library/WebHome

im putting a b18c1 in my 94 si del sol. what i know i dont need to wire up v tec cuz i already got it, i know i need to wire up the iab and also have to run a lil more wire for the knock sensor. is there anything else i might be forgetting and also do the gsr motors use a injector resistor box? because i know with h22 swap u have to becuase there saturated and over time it with eventually burn up the ecu is that the same for the gsr motor?

Back