Wiring an Aftermarket Fan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Ok, well I upgraded my radiator and fan. I no longer have the single core, oe fan anymore.

I upgraded to a dual core delsol style radiator from fluidyne. and a 12" slim line fan pull style.

Im having small issues:

-How do I wire it so it comes one when it's supposed to and I dont need to wire it to a switch.

-The stock temp switch is located on the head, correct? With a 2 wire connector. This Im pretty sure of. But, how does it work? Could I just tap into one of those wires or what do I do to get the fan to come on at the time the stock one would have.

-During my ricer stage, I removed the AC... yea all of it... along with the Wiring to the AC fan... will this cause a problem?

hrmmm

Reverse lights...

As some of you know, I converted to manual. I did this awhile ago. I never wired the reverse lights, Can I just run wires from teh reverse switch to the old automatic gear selector slide deal and have them work, or is there something else to it?

Please help me out, if I have to wire it to a switch, then so be it.

Ok, well I upgraded my radiator and fan. I no longer have the single core, oe fan anymore.

I upgraded to a dual core delsol style radiator from fluidyne. and a 12" slim line fan pull style.

Im having small issues:

-How do I wire it so it comes one when it's supposed to and I dont need to wire it to a switch.

-The stock temp switch is located on the head, correct? With a 2 wire connector. This Im pretty sure of. But, how does it work? Could I just tap into one of those wires or what do I do to get the fan to come on at the time the stock one would have.

-During my ricer stage, I removed the AC... yea all of it... along with the Wiring to the AC fan... will this cause a problem?

just wire the fan to the original fan wires. it will come on when it needs to be. the ac should be a problem. Do not tap your temp sensor! just wire it to the fan wires of the original fan

i decided to just wire it to a switch that once the key is off, the fan will go off. this way i wont accidently leave it on.

Back