wiring and shifter h22a into 99 civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99civicJDMh22

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

99 civic=obd2 h22a=obd1 how to convert wiring (i know i needed jumper harness but what else does it consist of?)

I am getting hydralic LSD Tranny i didnt think this was a cable tranny someone said has to cut in floor to make is work. (My question is) what extra parts will i need for this and what all does it consist of labor wise. and will ibe running cables using the same shifter ect.

:confused:

h22 is a hydro but there is alot of work involved in getting everything lined up with the shifting set up part you have to cut a hole in the floor and set up the shifter set up from a prelude in your car it's not that easy my boy is a mad scientist with this sh-t and he had trouble getting everything to line up right best thing to do is talk to people who have actually done the swap and set up don't mess around with someone who thinks they know - if you do you'll end up getting it in and then after you've welded and bolted everything down you wont be able to shift the car LOL........ watch my friend go though the whole thing he came over one night with it in went to leave and he couldn't get it into reverse next night came back over to take me out got to the spot dropped it into gear to luanch it and 2nd was no where to be found and it was working fine on the way there

so what i'm saying is your sh-t has got to be right or your going to be fixing it every time you go out

o-yeah and you do need the conversion harness for your obd2 harness to work with your swap you can get one on ebay cheap just make sure you get the right one there are two OBD2's one is obd2a & and the other is obd2b if you need any help with figuring that out let me know or you can check out (ff-squad.com) they have a tec link on there browser that has all the info you'll need for wiring and ecu's

good luck

after i get the obd convertion how do i set up the rest of the wiring do i cut and splice and match up colors or what? please help with this prob.

there should be no cutting involved you just have to more around a couple pins on the ecu harness
heres what your going to need to do ready?

first things first you need to find out if your car is obd2a or obd2b thereis a difference = obd2a uses A,C,D, ports on the ecu where obd2b uses A,B,C,
you will have to know that before you get your conversion harness

senond here are the pin outs and locations for obd2a
.:FFS TechNet : OBD2a ECU Pin out Schematics :.

here is the pin outs and locations for obd2b
.:FFS TechNet : OBD2b ECU Connector Schematics :.

read through and figure out wich one you have once your done go get your conversion harness (make sure you specify A or B )

once you get that heres your next step

.:FFS TechNet : OBD1 ECU Pin out Schematics :.
now check and make sure everything lines up right

now tha only thing you should have to do is switch some pins around on the connectors for the ecu no cuttiing involved

once you get all this figured out your probly going to run into a fuel supply problem theres a page on one fo these sites that will help you do that i'll try to find it for you later on when i get a chance

Back