Wiring b18c1 into eg sedan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MistahJuice

I have lots of guys telling me where to put things but I have 2 questions, am I rewiring things by the ecu plugs or the shock tower where it connects to the Gsr harness.

My other question is, can someone point me in the direction of a guide with some more pictures, because it looks like some of the places that shouldn't have wires do, and the placed that should don't. Please help I've been searching the web and looking at wires for hours

Welcome !

Is the GSR motor OBD2? If so that is the only "rewire" that will take place at the ECU.

Otherwise its plug and play for the most part. Assumably you also have the ecu,axels and shift linkage.

BTW, there are a ton of write ups over this same exact swap. SEARCH

Here is a GSR motor in my EG6 hatch.

Attachments

• 2011-06-18 11.39.00.jpg
    2011-06-18 11.39.00.jpg
    542.1 KB · Views: 2,265
I've been going at this for hours trying to figure out exactly what to do , I've got like 20 pages up. I did the auto to manual conversion, dropped the moor and tranny and EVERYTHING in, all that left is wiring. It was an automatic 1995 Civic lx (non vtec) and the motor is from a 95 GSR.

I had the entire integra parts car and I'm pulling wires off it now and from what I've read I need to add the 1.vtec solenoid wire, 2. vtec pressure switch, 3.IAB solenoid 4. Evap purge solenoid (there already something there on the civic shock tower to ecu harness, and 4. knock sensor (which confuses me cuz it starts as one wire then turns gray/purple and splits off. The first 2 I've got off, I also took off the IAB but I've read in some places you can move a20 over to a17, but will that effect emissions or throw a code or do anything else like that? If evap purge is a20 then shouldnt i not move it to a17, and wtf is up with the knock sensor lol

Knock sensor is located behind the engine above oil sending unit, it's only needed if you are using factory P72/P61 Ecu. You also have the option of disabling it by chipping the ecu. I assume you are using the P72 ecu so make sure you wire it up. Purge solenoid ins't needed unless you are trying to BAR it. Purge solenoid is used for emissions but you don't need it and won't throw a check engine light if you don't wire it up. I would just remove the secondary butterflies and shaft then weld the hole or JB weld the hole on the end of the shaft. You won't trigger a check engine light for IAbs either. If you do decide to use IAB remove A20 over to A17 and now that plug will be your IAb connection.

Back