wiring for a b18...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

patkeelin

Hi... So i got my '01 b18b yesterday with shift linkage and ecu, but no wiring harness. So my question is, can I convert my '99 Civic Lx's harness to fit that engine? Most of the plugs fit directly, but I'm worried about the distributer. My stock one has 8 wires and the new one has a different plug and ten wires. Also, from what I have read from pissedoffsol i need an SI's rear tranny mount and driver side mount. Right? And if they sent me an ac pump attached to the engine, do i really need that del sol bracket? Any help would be GREAT. TY.

yeah, thats an OBDII motor so you will have to change the dizzy, but i always forget which one you need.

you have to use the B series dist. and the wiring is changed from two plugs 8 and 2 to the new 10 wire plug so the wiring can easily be changed over. as for the civic si rear mount . . . and b series rear mount will work. all B series mounts should be used. as for the AC i don't know what a delsol mount is . . . my delsol had five motor to body mounts.

I wish the distributer thing was that easy... my old one only had one 8 wires in one plug. There doesn't look like there's any two there.

Back