Wiring For B16a In 86 Dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ZCWAGON

Can someone give me an idea of the best way to go with what I have

WHAT I HAVE:
B16A1 engine and J1 Tranny going in a 86 DX CRX. I have a cut harness from the B16A. I have a complete uncut Engine and behind the dash harness from 88 Teg. I have a VTEC sub harness designed to convert an 88-91 SI or HF to a JDM harness. I have a 88 Teg ECU.

THE QUESTION: OK guys. You see what I have. The CRX DX harness is out, the car is completly stipped nothing but a shell.

MY PLAN WAS/IS: to install complete engine and under dash 88 teg harness in CRX. Use the VTEC sub harness and get a Zdyne single wire ECU done with my 88 teg ECU.

CONCERNS: Speedo sensor input for VTEC? Cost of Zdyne and some bad feelings about the Zdyne in generial.

WHO CAN HELP?????????????????? :worthy:

The speedometer doesn't care if it the motor is vtec or not,what you'd need to worry about is whether the speedo from the tranny you have is compatible with the system your putting in your car.

THE QUESTION: OK guys. You see what I have. The CRX DX harness is out, the car is completly stipped nothing but a shell.

MY PLAN WAS/IS: to install complete engine and under dash 88 teg harness in CRX. Use the VTEC sub harness and get a Zdyne single wire ECU done with my 88 teg ECU.

CONCERNS: Speedo sensor input for VTEC? Cost of Zdyne and some bad feelings about the Zdyne in generial.

WHO CAN HELP??????????????????

What exactly is your question?How much are zdyne products?(don't know,check website)Do people like them?(others opinions generally don't matter when it comes to things working)Are you looking for a wiring how-to,using all the parts of harnesses you have?(good luck,it would be hard enough if they were in front of someone,no less having never seen what you have)
Other than these I don't see any questions related to your swap.

Back