Wiring for DOHC ZC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yspeed

Ya, I have a 92 DOHC ZC in my 89 civic Si . There's a plug that's right under the front passenger side cam I used the stock Si wiring harness is that right? Or do I have to change it to the DOHC ZC wiring. Or can i just bypass the cam plug all together. The colour of wires on the ZC plug are Orange,then Orange with a Blue stripe,Then Peach, and another Peach coloured wire with a Blue line also. The plug is put there for a reason so I figure, I can't bypass it. And one more thing I have seen alot of picutes of ZC and there cam covers are Black and mine is grey.What does that mean. Thanx for the help.

the 92 DOHC ZC engine is OBD1 - your car is OBD0 - you need to convert it to run OBD1 using same instructions as you would for installing a D16Z6 (except for no VTEC wiring changes) - use your harness - the plug you describe is for the distributor

the wires that you see that look like peach are actually white - they turn that color over time for some unknown reason, but they are white
the orange and white wires are for the crank angle sensor which is in the distributor
the orange/blue & white/blue are for the top dead center sensor, also in distributor
the wires for the cylinder position sensor are blue/green and blue/yellow
the cylinder position sensor is on the end of the exhaust camshaft for the OBD0 DOHC ZC and in the distributor for the OBD1 DOHC ZC

I can't use the stock wiring harness because the wires are all chopped upon the ZC. So I would have to go wire by wire and i really don't want to do that,Could I just get the Hole wiring harness from a 89-92 integera. Would it just link up to my 89 civic Si wiring. Thanx for the help

you MIGHT be able to use your old distributor and injectors on the new engine. im sure someone here can give you a definative answer. what ecu are you using?

Back