Wiring For H23 To H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sly_323

I went and picked up the H22 engine I was swapping in my H23 Prelude Si. Found out some good and some bad news. Found out when I got there that the Engine was actually from a 95 Prelude VTEC (unlce didn't know what he was talking bout, it had been sitting in his garage for 2 years)(bad) so no wiring harness will be needed (good), however it had 80,000 miles on it (bad), Has ECU for VTEC engine (good), and uncle let me have it for $250 (H22 for $250...VERY GOOD!!!)

Does anyone know a site or have any info on all the specifics on this wiring? I know they are both OBD1 so I guess I don't need a wiring harness or anything to do that conversion but I do need to know what all goes into wiring up the VTEC. I've never done anything like this and most mechanics around my area have absolutely no experience with this kind of swap. Please Help if you can guys!

Well, I think your old engine had a knock sensor, so you should be good to go there. I also think you had the secondary intake runners, so that's plug n play as well.

As far as VTEC goes, check our articles for a pinout of a P13 ECU. Find the spots for the VTEC solenoid and VTEC oil pressure, then run the wires from each of those units through the firewall to the ECU. That should just about do it for extra wires.

Holy shit, can your uncle get me an h22 for 250 bucks? lol, actually, i do need some tan floor mats from a junk yard for my lude if you can help me out, i cant find anyone in north or south carolina that has them and the dealerships want like 95 bucks for the set

Ill see if he has them, I just saw the motor I haven't seen the rest of the car it's scrapped so If there still there he will let me have them cheap. I'm not real sure what color the car or the interior the motor came out of was. I'll try to check it out this weekend and I'll let you know.

Back