Wiring gone Loco.....I think. Please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

Im trying to diagnose a problem with the electrical on my Crx.
the car runs fine with the headlights off, but once you turn them on the problems start.

Symptoms:

The clutch pedal sparks when it contacts the retraction spring.

The temp gauge goes immedialty to hot

The lights throughout the car dim and flicker and often cut off for a sec.

What ive tried:

I made sure my main grounds were good and they are.

Check the white boxes the ground for the headlights, and resanded their contact points on the chassis.

Other:

I found that if i put my test light on my temp gauge metal casing ( aftermarket mechanical style) It will light also, and it is not supposed to have power at all.

I hooked my test probe and im seeing that no matter where on the engine i touch ( metal like the intake mani and stuff) the probe lights up... thats not supposed to happen right?

As i said all my problems happen with the headlights on, with em off the car functions flawlessly.

Please help me out here, im stuck on this and need an experts help.

I looked all over this thing, and to the best of my knowledge my crx has never had the tranny ground strap so i have no idea where it would go..

the crx is a 91 hf and it has a 91 b18a in it with a ys1 tranny...

im stumped as to if i should ever have had one.
Please help

FIXED IT

i swapped the engine and tranny and didnt put a crx stle negative battery cable on. My cable ran from the neg terminal to the tranny and thats it...
I hooked up a ground from the tranny to the core support and VIOLA, it worked perfect..

if you ever exhibit the symptoms listed above, its your grounds, i doubted it and i was wrong.... Never under estimate the mischief and chaos your ground wires can cause.

Back