Wiring H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

Ok right now i have my mounts done, i replaced my oil pump, water pump, alternator, and the starter in my h22,:) :) :) :)
I have not droped it in yet it just waitin to be drop, Now i have bought the ECU conversion harness, Now im concerned im usin the ECU that came with the engine and all.
So far will i need to worry about doin anythin to the Distributor?
Also theirs a subharness at rywire.com all it if i just wire the basic stuff from my lx engine harness i can use the subharness to connect to all the plugs of Vtec and just run them through the firewall in the ECU Jumper right?

im guessing the motor is obdI. you dont need to get a harness for vtec. there are only 2 wires. one is just a ground that you can ground out on the head.

ya cuz i noticed the engine is OBD 1 and my accord is OBD 2 i heard i may get into problems about the wiring on the map sensor. The prelude is mounted on the firewall and the accord on the throttle body but theirs differecnt wires into that so how do you go on workin into the MAP sensor?
Also i dont know how to tell if my car is internal or external i was readin this other thread that didn't quite understand that i have to modify my coil is this true for my 96 lx or you only modify the coil if its for the older models

If you have wiring issues just go to rywire. They have conversion harnesses and other types of wiring services.

well what sucks is that you violated the first rule of engine swaps. you have an obdII car with an obdI motor. by switching the years like that you opened yourself to a lot of problems. and not to pick on you or anything it sounds like you didnt do your home work on this swap....but hey i guess that is why we are here. the map sensor shouldnt be a problem. your car is external coil and the engine is internal coil so you will have to convert your wiring and to work with the internal coil. there are threads about this on honda-tech and there are kits to convert your dist over.

so yes you have to modify dist

ya cuz i noticed the engine is OBD 1 and my accord is OBD 2 i heard i may get into problems about the wiring on the map sensor. The prelude is mounted on the firewall and the accord on the throttle body but theirs differecnt wires into that so how do you go on workin into the MAP sensor?
Also i dont know how to tell if my car is internal or external i was readin this other thread that didn't quite understand that i have to modify my coil is this true for my 96 lx or you only modify the coil if its for the older models

Back