Wiring Harness Issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok... i really hope i can get some answers on this... i put the JDM B16A (OBD2a) motor into my 98 Civic EX a while ago with the 00 Si harness and 00 Si P2T ECU, but that wasn't workin right so i put a 96 EX harness and P72 Ecu into my car cause people said it was what i was supposed to use in the first... <_< well... everything is in and my damn car sounds like a lawn mower, it idles really high (like 2K), and it has absolutely no power... can someone please help me out!!!

nevermind i got it working... the jackass who sold me the wiring harness had the #4 injector cut... but now i have a high idle problem!!!

welcome to honda....

high idle? how high? like 2-3k high or 5-6k high?

if its REALLY high, like 5-6k, it could be your IACV.

if it's just idling up and down from 100rpm to 3k rpm or so, your TPS could be fucked up.

Originally posted by 1phatcivic28@Nov 11 2003, 01:01 AM
it idles from 800-2K... it bounces back and forth about 5-10 times, then settles back at 800... and where is my TPS located???

i had that same problem before with my old d16 - it was the map sensor.. . . . . .

unplug your TPS and see if it changes anything.

then unplug your map sensor, and see if anything changes.

also, the TPS on B-series motors is riveted on. well, at least on obd0's. not sure about obd2....if it is riveted on, you'll have to drill it out.

Originally posted by 1phatcivic28@Nov 11 2003, 01:01 AM
it idles from 800-2K... it bounces back and forth about 5-10 times, then settles back at 800... and where is my TPS located???

check for vacuum leaks and then reset your idle.

Back