wiring harness problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kambosoup

So I have a 90 civic si. Motor is a 92 del sol mini me swap. The motor is in and everything is plugged in. I am using a 91 crx si engine harness, I used the obd1 injectors from the motor and spliced the wiring. I am running a pm6 ecu. The car would spray gas when I turn it to ACC. but when I try to start the car, it doesnt start. When I spray carb choke and open the throttle and start it. it will run, but after the carb choke is gone, the motor shuts off. Im not sure what the problem is. Can someone please shine in.

Thanks in advance

u dont have the injectors wired through the injector resistor box do you? i believe the injectors for the engine are saturated, not peak and hold.

yea what he said. if you're using the z6 injectors which are obd1/saturated, then you need to remove the resistor box.

ok so I had unplugged the resistor box. and still doesnt start. I do hear the fuel spray from the filter, when i turn the car onto ACC.

ok so I had unplugged the resistor box. and still doesnt start. I do hear the fuel spray from the filter, when i turn the car onto ACC.

by remove the resistor box we didnt mean just literally removing it lol, although that is part of what we were saying. the wires which are on the engine harness side of the resistor boxes green plug are 4 red/black wires, and 1 yellow/black wire. They need to be soldered/connected together. Just unplugging it means you have no injector pulse now once so ever.

PM6 is the wrong ECU. Its OBD0. You need a P28 ECU from that motor (D16Z6). Do you have a OBD1 oxygen sensor and distributor aswell. The car won't start without thoes.

So here's your checklist:

OBD1 P28 ECU from a 92-95 Civic EX or Si
OBD1 D16z6 distributor from a 92-95 Civic EX or Si
OBD1 4-wire oxygen sensor from a 92-95 Civic EX or Si
Cut and solder the 5 injector wires togther.
OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness

You can use OBD0 injectors from the 88-91 Si but you have to use the resistor box. (which is already there) Either options work fine.

Last edited:
exactly...you are using obd1 injectors with a pm6 ecu which is obd0. easiest is to just use the obd0 injectors along with the rersistor box. otherwise a p28 ecu is a good option. thats what i have

you are very right, he wont. but that is why the injectors are not functioning. he has the wrong ecu. with an obdo ecu the resistor box is needed. with a mini me swap an obd1 ecu and injectors are required

I kind of assumed he was just running the z6 with an obd0 dizzy since he mentioned the pm6 ecu. Plus he said everything was hooked up and obviously if he had an obd1 dizzy still on the head, he would not be able to hook it all up without atleast a dizzy conversion harness.

This leads me to logically assume he is using an obd0 dizzy on the head, which of course means retaining the stock pm6 is just fine. He won't be able to use vtec but who knows how concerned he is about that. If that all is true then at this point the only thing holding him back is the injector confusion. so either use the obd1 injectors and remove the box as i said, or put the obd0 ones back in there and just leave the resistor box alone.

As was mentioned if you are using the obd1 dizzy with the conversion harness, and you want to have vtec functional you will need a p28, 4-wire 02, and an obd0-obd1 ecu jumper with subharness.

you are very right, he wont. but that is why the injectors are not functioning. he has the wrong ecu. with an obdo ecu the resistor box is needed. with a mini me swap an obd1 ecu and injectors are required

Not entirely accurate. the injectors themselves and what obd# they are has nothing to do with what ecu they are mated to. Regardless of the ecu, your options are use obd0 injectors with the box, or obd1 without.

I'm running OBD0 injectors with the resistor box on my Z6. Its the same as OBD1 injectors with no box.

I kind of assumed he was just running the z6 with an obd0 dizzy since he mentioned the pm6 ecu. Plus he said everything was hooked up and obviously if he had an obd1 dizzy still on the head, he would not be able to hook it all up without atleast a dizzy conversion harness.

This leads me to logically assume he is using an obd0 dizzy on the head, which of course means retaining the stock pm6 is just fine. He won't be able to use vtec but who knows how concerned he is about that. If that all is true then at this point the only thing holding him back is the injector confusion. so either use the obd1 injectors and remove the box as i said, or put the obd0 ones back in there and just leave the resistor box alone.

As was mentioned if you are using the obd1 dizzy with the conversion harness, and you want to have vtec functional you will need a p28, 4-wire 02, and an obd0-obd1 ecu jumper with subharness.
I see what you are thinking now. He also said 91 CRX Si wiring harness and I'm guessing he didn't do anything to it so he must be using a OBD0 dizzy.

So I guess all there is to do is put OBD0 injectors back in and it should fire up.

You should really convert it to OBD1 tho. Its the better thing to do. Your motor in time will kill its self due to improper timing and fuel.

Not entirely accurate. the injectors themselves and what obd# they are has nothing to do with what ecu they are mated to. Regardless of the ecu, your options are use obd0 injectors with the box, or obd1 without.

if your doin a damn mini me then your gonna want vtec, if not then its a waste of time. vtec requires an obd1 vtec ecu. if hes swappin a del sol head he obviously has an obd1 dizzy cause obd0 bolts up diff.

bottom line is this....his injectors are not functioning because of the ecu. pm6 will not operate obd1 injectors. put back in the obd0 and call it a day

I'm guessing he read one of the mini-me write-ups from like 1998 before they had OBD1 conversions so he just made a way for the PM6 dizzy to go on.

if your doin a damn mini me then your gonna want vtec, if not then its a waste of time. vtec requires an obd1 vtec ecu. if hes swappin a del sol head he obviously has an obd1 dizzy cause obd0 bolts up diff.

bottom line is this....his injectors are not functioning because of the ecu. pm6 will not operate obd1 injectors. put back in the obd0 and call it a day

Yes the obd0 dizzy will work on the z6 head. its not going to bolt up to all 3 mounting locations by any means, but it has been done before, and it will work.
also the pm6 will work with obd1 injectors just fine. you simply have to remove the resistor box.

here's a thread about it as well
emhammer.gif

https://hondaswap.com/ecus-electronics-tuning/convert-obd0-obd1-need-obd1-injectors-71615/

alright the dizzy is obd1. I had spliced the wires for it to fit the harness. Im gonna try to use my buddys p28 ecu today to see if it fires up. Hopefully it does.

alright the dizzy is obd1. I had spliced the wires for it to fit the harness. Im gonna try to use my buddys p28 ecu today to see if it fires up. Hopefully it does.
Ok then. It should, do you have a 4-wire oxygen sensor? The P28 won't just "pop in" you have to get a conversion harness.

Back