wiring harness problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright the dizzy is obd1. I had spliced the wires for it to fit the harness. Im gonna try to use my buddys p28 ecu today to see if it fires up. Hopefully it does.

man if your doing a mini me you need obd1. you need a conversion harness for the p28 my friend. this will include the subharness for vtec as well.

Yes the obd0 dizzy will work on the z6 head. its not going to bolt up to all 3 mounting locations by any means, but it has been done before, and it will work.
also the pm6 will work with obd1 injectors just fine. you simply have to remove the resistor box.

here's a thread about it as well
emhammer.gif

https://hondaswap.com/ecus-electronics-tuning/convert-obd0-obd1-need-obd1-injectors-71615/

but why would he use an obd0 dizzy when he has a del sol head?...this is really confusing indeed

lol this whole thread is a wreck...the whole point of a mini me is swappin a vtec head and converting to obd1

i'm well aware of what a min-me swap is, but who knows why he might want to use the obd0 components, i'm not him. maybe his goal is to make it as quick as possible in which case he should get the p28, ecu jumper, etc. or maybe his goal is just to get it running so he has a vehicle thats on the road for as cheap as possible.

and yes, SERIOUSLY, a pm6 ecu will work with the obd1 injectors perfectly fine! the same as an obd1 ecu will run obd0 injectors perfectly fine, so long as you retain the res. box. The injector pulse from both an obd0 ecu and obd1 ecu are the same. the only difference that matters is whether the injectors are low impedance or high impedance. obd0 are low imp./peak and hold injectors and need a lower voltage, hence why the +12v goes through the resistor box before it goes to each individual injector. If you want to use the high imp./saturated obd1 injectors, regardless of ecu, you simply bypass the res. box because the injectors don't need the lower voltage.

So Im using ...

OBD1
Injectors
vtec solnoid (not connect yet)
pretty much everything on the motor is OBD1
O2 sensor (not connect yet)

OBD0
Crx enigne wiring harness
stock si dash harness(where the ecu is plugged)

My buddy spliced the wires for the injectors and the dizzy so it would fit with the crx harness. Also the O2 sensor isnt plugged in. Its just hanging.

I think after reading the couple of posts. I will need a jumper harness and the ecu(p28) to make this work.

For the resistor box. Should I just removed it and splice all the wires together?

I hope this makes any sense!

Last edited:
So Im using ...

OBD1
Injectors
vtec solnoid (not connect yet)
pretty much everything on the motor is OBD1
O2 sensor (not connect yet)

OBD0
Crx enigne wiring harness
stock si dash harness(where the ecu is plugged)

My buddy spliced the wires for the injectors and the dizzy so it would fit with the crx harness. Also the O2 sensor isnt plugged in. Its just hanging.

I think after reading the couple of posts. I will need a jumper harness and the ecu(p28) to make this work.

For the resistor box. Should I just removed it and splice all the wires together?

I hope this makes any sense!
Yes you will have to get a OBD0 to OBD1 conversion harness and a P28 ECU.

You can either keep the resistor box and put the OBD0 injectors back in OR
splice the injector box wires togther (5 wires in all: 4 red/black and 1 yellow/black).

You make the decision.

Last edited:
Ill prob just keep the obd1 injectors and splice the wires together. It already in. I just dont want to have to find obd0 injectors and clips. Do I just take the resistor box out? What about the plugs?

"splice the injector box wires togther (5 wires in all: 4 red/black and 1 yellow/black)."
Where is this located, right above the injector clips? Thats what I assume.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Ok.

This is what the injector box looks like located in the drivers side corner of the engine bay.

mpfi-resistorbox.jpg

You will unplug it and unbolt it from the car and put it in your box labeled "Civic parts"

mpfi-resistorbox-1.jpg

Now there should be 5 wires where you cut. The color of 4 out of 5 wires will be red/black stripe, and there will be 1 wire colored yellow/black stripe (5 wires in total). Expose some of the actual wire then solder them all (5 wires) togther.

Is that clear enough for you? Its as clear as I can make it.

Now rep me:D, Seriously:mellow:.

Last edited:
did you really just explain to him how to delete the resistor box with pictures!? thats so unnecessary lol. let me just make a writeup on how to check your oil via the dipstick lol.

Sweet. Thank you so much and to everyone. I will prob try to get at it tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully this and the conversion harness and ecu will get it to start. Ill keep you guys posted.

Ok.

This is what the injector box looks like located in the drivers side corner of the engine bay.

mpfi-resistorbox.jpg

You will unplug it and unbolt it from the car and put it in your box labeled "Civic parts"

mpfi-resistorbox-1.jpg

Now there should be 5 wires where you cut. The color of 4 out of 5 wires will be red/black stripe, and there will be 1 wire colored yellow/black stripe (5 wires in total). Expose some of the actual wire then solder them all (5 wires) togther.

Is that clear enough for you? Its as clear as I can make it.

Now rep me:D, Seriously:mellow:.

ehhh you dont really have to cut em.. just depin that green plug and pop em in a dead end plug found on any obd1 harness.

Ill prob just keep the obd1 injectors and splice the wires together. It already in. I just dont want to have to find obd0 injectors and clips. Do I just take the resistor box out? What about the plugs?

"splice the injector box wires togther (5 wires in all: 4 red/black and 1 yellow/black)."
Where is this located, right above the injector clips? Thats what I assume.

Thanks!

wait why would you have to find obd0 clips? your harness should have them to begin with

wow he made this way too hard. I'm really confused by this thread.... don't know if he's running z6 with obd1 or obd2. Are mini me's really that hard my buddy bought his already done seems like a pretty respectable little conversion

Its was pretty hard cause I got a good deal on the shell. I pretty much traded a tranny for the shell. I traded for the motor with money on top. Now just waiting for it to fire up. Will be picking up a jumper harness later today.

Ill keep it posted.

Alright guys, I got the jumper harness from StreetLightz and I plugged it in. It worked! Now i'm trying to wire up the vtec and the O2 sensor.

On the O2 sensor, it has 2 black 1 blue and 1 white wires. Are the 2 black grounds?

Back