Wiring Harness Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol ok, so wot now then? wot harness do i use?

Ok, talked to this dude for like 2 hours on MSN...

His car is a 94.

And it's OBD0.

I didn't believe it. I had him take pics of his strut tower plugs and his ecu plugs....and this is his ECU:
wtf1hd.jpg

:blink:

Yeah. I have no earthly fucking idea what to say. Because the car is OBD0, I have no idea if the GSR harness would even plug in and work AT ALL. It doesn't make any damn sense, the car is a 94....but the ecu is DEFINITELY OBD1. No jumper harness or anything involved. It's a 94...with an OBD0 ecu. From the factory. What the fuck.

My guess would be to go with the link Blanco posted....that'd probably be your best bet. That or just take it to a shop.

Originally posted by civicious+Jun 7 2005, 10:38 PM-->
@Jun 7 2005, 03:49 PM
The car in the picture you posted has four injectors, no, you don't need to wire more.

No it doesn't...lol....look at his intake manifold. I didn't notice until just now. Something isn't right....as far as I know Honda didn't make dual point ANYTHING after 91...
[post=509198]Quoted post[/post]​

Damn, my monitor is the suck, or I am blind :(

Yea, in Europe they have DPFI 1.3's, never seen a 1.5 though, that thing HAD to have been swapped, because I have stripped most models here and they are the same as the states OBD I 92-95.

Well, I looked at the one in the yard today, and your right, it's a weirdo, OBD I engine bay plugs, with OBD 0 ECU plug...you're fucked.

Haha, not really, if you have the WHOLE hanress (cabin, and motor) you can completely redo it to OBD I, that would be my suggestion. Otherwise you're going to be running into a lot of things that may not be matching up with conventional knowledge.

My guess would be since it is a dual point, Honda just went ahead and made them with the old style crap since they didn't need as much emissions BS to save some money.

It's a D15B2 right?

rite i've been talkin to a guy about it 2day and this is what he recomends i do........
get a B16 wiring loom off of a eg6... get a OBD1 dizzy and OBD1 injectors all off of a eg6....bolt em on to the B18 wire up the harness and then im pretty much realy to roll.

wot u guys think? dus this sound right?

Getting the motor in teh car wouldn't be so hard. But he is neglecting the fact that you still need to do a DPFI to MPFI swap. It's the ECU plugging in, and the wiring going from the bay, to teh cabin that is going to be real troublesome.

yea but was he right in saying - get a B16 wiring loom off of a eg6... get a OBD1 dizzy and OBD1 injectors all off of a eg6 then wiring in the 2 other injectors and the vtec ect...?

am i going to need them parts?

That would be a decent start.

I am wondering if the canon plugs are the same as OBD I, the one in the yard here are grey, but I didn't have time to compare all teh wires.

Dude, you do not need a B16 wiring harness. You have a GSR harness on your motor. Use the GSR harness.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 9 2005, 10:22 PM
Dude, you do not need a B16 wiring harness. You have a GSR harness on your motor. Use the GSR harness.
[post=510328]Quoted post[/post]​

If the canon plugs turn out to be OBD 0, he couldn't use it though, but then in that case, he couldn't use either.

Only problem can I see with working with what he has in the car now is, everything could be different as far as locations, and the cabin harness which wouldn't be a problem...if you have manuals for both cars, and can move what you need to. The one I looked at had about half the wires an OBD I ECU harness would have. I am guessing the swap would be very similar to say a 91 Civic DX swap, just as far as wiring, fitting it would be as easy as any other 5th gen swap. I'll go look today and take some notes of the engine bay harness, see how fubar it is.

i've been talkin to a guy in england that owns a shop that dus engine swaps on honda's. looks like im gonna have to get a OBD1 eg6 wiring harness and replace the whole loom (should be fun lol)

i'll let u guys kno when i get the loom

edit: Nevermind. Don't listen to anything I'm saying. Go ahead and buy another harness. Have fun.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 11 2005, 04:31 PM
OK, dude, how many fucking times do I have to say it...

A FUCKING EG6 B16 HARNESS IS THE SAME AS YOUR GSR. THE SAME. IT'S THE SAME GODDAMN THING. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY A NEW ENGINE HARNESS. SHIT! IT'S LIKE I'M TALKING TO A GODDAMN WALL.
[post=511085]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude, the question isn't what he needs to plug into the motor, it's the motor going into the car. The car is a 95 that is half OBD 0 and half OBD I it is NOT a standard 5th gen swap, chill out, and read.

But he HAS the B18C in-car wiring harness and engine harness. Why should he buy another one? A B16 harness is going to be the same, except it won't have the IAB wires...he would actually have to ADD wires to a B16 harness, whereas the B18C harness THAT HE ALREADY HAS would require no additional wiring (other than putting it into the car), and would be EXACTLY the same as what he's already doing.

How's this, go back to page 1 and look at the PICTURE of the B18C in-car harness he posted...

Chill out and read.

Also not that I edited my post BEFORE you posted yours.

Yea, you're right, there is no point.

Apexi, your problem is between the bay, and the cabin, not in the bay. You could use the complete GSR harness, but you'll have to repin whatever is wrong behind the dash, you could use just the engine bay harness, but then may find youself running a ton of wires to the ECU.

Back