Wiring harness question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
pm me on aim. greyfades.

i did this like, a month ago.

Dammit.

OK, since you apparently don't have AIM (ahole)...

'm finishing up my build and I want to get as much of the wiring as possible done before dropping the motor in. I using the '91 Si harness and trying to change what's neccessary...I'm also converting to OBD1. So far I've swapped the injector plugs and added the injector block off from a Z6 harness that I also have.
Why not just keep the obd0 injectors and resistor box? They're exactly the same, exactly, except for the plugs and the peak&hold/saturated thing...since you've apparently already done this, I dunno what to tell you, other than I hope you did it right...

It's been so long since I took the harness off of the A6 that I kind of forgot how to run it. I have pretty much everything marked so that's not really the problem, it's just the routing for the most part.
Put the harness on the motor with the motor out of the car. Easiest way to do it.

And what do I do about the plastic thing that connects the injector wiring to the fuel rail? I'm thinking I should just cut the one off of the A6 IM by the Z6 FP, so it'll fit, but someone else might have a better idea.
That's exactly what I did. Pic at the bottom of this post.

Basically, I'd like to route an A6 harness on a Z6 motor while having to make as few changes as neccessary while also making it look like it wasn't just thrown together.
It's almost no work at all to make it look stock. Everything reaches perfectly, and plugs in. Just do all your wiring RIGHT (i.e. shrinkwrap, measure the lengths correctly, and put the stock sleeve thingies back on when you're done).

I know I need to extend the fan switch from the back of the block to the themorstat housing,
:yes:

but it looks like the IAT and Purge Solenoid will need to be altered as well.
Hmm...I didn't wire up a purge solenoid, and I never have (gotta love Texas), so I can't help you there...I'm pretty sure I only had to extend the wires a bit for the IAT, no biggie there.

Would anyone have any advice, tips, and/or pictures?
Take your time, put the harness on the motor BEFORE you drop it, and do the wiring RIGHT (solder & shrinkwrap).

crx0220vo7ay.jpg

Oh yeah, and just pretend that my distributor was plugged in in that picture.

Back