Wiring Harness Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Deadlock281

OK, so I just pulled an LS swap out of a 99 Integra with an automatic transmission. I was planning to put it into my 92 Civic VX. Here are my questions:

1. Can I use the automatic wiring harness or do I have to get a manual one?
2. Can I use the OBD2 harness since everything else is OBD2 on the engine. Will it plug into the OBD1 firewall plugs?

Thanks for your time guys.

Yes you can use the automatic wiring harness. No it won't plug in at the shock towers, you're going to need a jumper harness. I'd check out rywire.com.

just use the stock vx harness, change the injectors, alt and over to obd 1 and re wire the dizzy to obd1 or use a jumper for it as far as tat its a drop and go gonna have to ad or take a wire out for the o2 sensor but thats it

You can keep the OBD2 harness and it works fine. You need an OBD1 5-speed ECU too.

I believe the header O2 sensor on your LS is a 4 wire. But your VX isn't. So you need to investigate. Doesn't the VX have 2 O2 sensors on the exhaust manifold? You need to investigate that switch over. There's a few threads that cover it. OBD1 LS ECU only looks for one sensor before the cat (OBD2 looks for one after the cat too)

Keep your VX harness b/c its already set up for VTEC and can be used on something or sold

Back