wiring harness?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffsciv23

how hard is it to swap out the wiring harness in a 99 ex? what all is involved and what do i do?

Just swapping one for the same one onto the same motor is very easy, just unplug the old one and plug the new one in as you go. Start at the shock tower connections, then the injectors and go.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Oct 11 2003, 06:52 PM
is it hard to get through the firewall?

Grrrrr OBD II. I thought there was a set connector plugs before the firewall going into the cabin? Or are you replacing it all the way to the ECU or under the dash?

yeah i'm replacing it all the way through to the ecu. i'll just hack up the firewall a little if it becomes to much of a pain in the ass.

its cake. its just a rubber bushing thing... just pop that out of the fire wall, uplug from the ecu, and then pull through the firewall into the engine bay

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 13 2003, 02:05 PM
its cake. its just a rubber bushing thing... just pop that out of the fire wall, uplug from the ecu, and then pull through the firewall into the engine bay

Isn't all the underdash wiring tied in somehow to the harness going to the ECU though?

there's one plug that branches from the under-the-hood wiring harness, that plugs into the underdash wiring harness. i think it's bright green.

also, i had to take my battery and battery mount-thingie off to get to the boot for the firewall.

Cool, I don't have a EK so I don't know too much about the intricacies(sp) yet.

Back